Monday, April 11, 2011

Shades of Color

Hello again, everyone, hope you all had a great weekend!  Jess and I had an awesome weekend together - fun stuff on Saturday and relaxing on Sunday.  After soccer on TV Saturday morning, we took Jessica's dad out for burgers at a place in town that we just found out about on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.  It was awesome and we will definitely be back.  On the way out, I snapped a picture of the Coca-Cola sign behind the bar.  Thanks to them for letting me go behind and snap a quick shot!

April 9th, 2011 - Day 99
On a side note, I have already sold one of these prints!

Saturday night, we went to a birthday party and as it was Jessica's turn to drink, I played the DD.  She is so fun when she is drunk - just so lively (more than usual) and making everyone laugh.  Of course, drinking a bunch of no-no juice on Saturday night and getting home around 2am led to a VERY lazy day on Sunday.  It was cool though.  We just relaxed on the sofa, watched 4 movies, and took it very easy.  The most strenuous part of the day was probably walking from the sofa to the spa in the backyard before we went to bed where Jess proceeded to act out her favorite scene from Apocalypse Now.

041011

Today, we were back to reality and both working.  It was too bad that we were inside as it was a BEAUTIFUL day outside.  I at least got a run in to start training for my next 5k!  At the end of the day, I went outside to take a picture and saw that our friends are back for the pollinating season!

041111

5 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I like the retro feel of Coca-Cola picture, with the bright neon. The red is so vivid! Awesome picture!

Apocalypse Now... I DO love the smell of napalm in the morning... :-)
I think I like this version better than the other. I think my hair being wet relays the whole idea of swimming better. I'm glad you cut off the top of my head so you can't see how big my forehead (fivehead!) is with my hair wet and back.

It's amazing how cool these little bees are close up like that. The picture is so crisp and clear, which I know is hard because the bees move so much, so kudos to you. The colors, like your mom said, are beautiful - purple being my favorite color, I'm obviously a fan!

Tara said...

Great job catching the details of the bee!

laura b. said...

All very cool, colorful shots!

Fivehead! Jessica, I have a really high forehead too. I think it is a sign of our intelligence
:-)

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Laura, did you know, back in Ancient Egypt, women used to shave their hairlines back because a big forehead WAS considered a sign of intelligence?! Yay us!!

Churlita said...

That is another amazing pic of jealous. The bee is so clear. I think your photography skills are getting better and better.