Wednesday, November 12, 2008

All good things...

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. - Dr. Seuess

It is what you are thinking. This is the final post on Manuel's View. I've been thinking about it for a while and every time I thought about it, I convinced myself to stay around for a few more posts. My posts have been fewer and fewer lately, and well, I'm just tired. I was one month short of four years. Four years, man; I don't know whether to laugh or cry. In the end, I've just run out of things to say and the desire to write about whatever nonsense is going on in my life. Will I return someday? Possibly. At this point in time, I think I am done with blogging. I might miss writing, but I have something up my sleeve should I ever have a desire to write again. A few years ago, I came up with a plot for a story that I really liked and I followed it up by writing the first chapter which I ended up loving. But that is at far as it went. Maybe I will pick that up again.

To my fellow bloggers who I have met, I thank you for all your support and feedback. This blog would have closed a lot sooner if many of you hadn't come along and made me feel like my writings were worth something. You guys are all awesome and write beautifully and encourage you to keep up the good work. Thank you to my family and friends for their support by reading daily. Thank you to my wife and Rich for occassionally contributing to the blog. Thank you all. It has been fun, but like the cliche says, all good things must come to an end.

And like that........he's gone......

14 comments:

laura b. said...

Aw! Mr. Manuel you will be sorely missed.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Wow... Didn't see THAT coming.

But, as always, I got and appreciated the movie refrences.

I love you, today and always.

Jose said...

Hey you gotta do what you gotta do. I wish you the best on your next endevor. I will definitely hate to move your button in my blog to the "And then they were gone" section.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Mr.Manuel you will be missed.. *sniff sniff*.. I 'm not crying okay.. I just have a sty... seriously.. you are really a great person and I wish you well in your future endeavours.. Just curious if you will still pop around to check us out? Best of luck.. The Mrs and Family..

Anonymous said...

WHAT!
OK fine.
Hugs

Churlita said...

Oh, that's sad. But if it's better for you, that's all that matters. We'll miss you.

PurpleOceanMoon said...

Dude, this blog was awesome just like you! I'm glad I still get to see you or else I would be REALLY upset. Big Kisses!

Tara said...

Aww no!! BabyBull told me the bad news, that you were leaving. Say it isn't so!

Well I hope you do come back some day or come around to our other blogs from time to time. You will most certainly be missed, but I do wish you the best of luck in your next project!

Anonymous said...

Gonna miss you buddy. *sniff* Keep in touch!

---Val

Mom said...

Hi Son,
This is really sad but I know where your head is at, or not at, right now. You are a great blogger and I really enjoyed reading your posts. The friends you have made along this journey have been wonderful. They are wonderful! I love you dearly each and every day! I'm teary-eyed - but that's nothing new, right??!? Love you!

dmarks said...

Yes, you will be missed. Good luck with the novel!

Anonymous said...

I'm sad you are ending your blog... :o(
I may not have commented as often as others, but I still made a daily visit to see if there was anything new up.
I appreciated the movie reference just like Jess.
Love you brother.

Sister

Anonymous said...

It is a good thing I am moving back to town... This is how I keep up with what is going on in your life. Now I guess I'll just have to come over and have you make me more "murder burgers!" HA! Yes, I am that funny! I too check almost daily to see if there is anything new posted. Good luck with your next creative outlet.

Anonymous said...

Is it better to burn out? Or to fade away?
I know where you're at, seems like yesterday that inspiration clawed at me all day until I could put it on the blog, now I search for things to post about. Have a good one, my friend. I like your style immensely :)