Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Like a Phoenix

I'm back
the fog has lifted
The earth has shifted
and raised the gifted
You knew I'd be back so pack your bone
And hit the road jack cause daddy's home
In the end, I couldn't do it. I love writing too much, even if it is usually just nonsense. Over the past couple of weeks, I can count numerous times where I thought of something I could post on the blog and then remembered I don't have it any more. Maybe it was the finality of it that opened up my creative juices again. The statement that you don't really know what you got until it is gone it not always just cliche bullshit. Once I took away my outlet for laying out what was on my mind, the world gave me a big "Yeah, right" and started throwing creative ideas out into my world left and right. It has been a tough year for Jess and I for a large variety of reasons and the worst is nowhere near behind us. However, if I just sit and dwell on it instead of expressing myself, it might end up being worse. This past weekend, Jess and I were out to lunch and we saw a child who behaved as if he was just a miniature me. At that moment, I said to myself, "How can I NOT write about this?" I can't just keep this story to myself and Jess and that was it. It was at the moment I knew I was coming back. Thanks for the well wishes in the previous post and no, this was never a ploy to gather sympathy and build my self esteem. 2 weeks ago, I really was done. Now, it is a new beginning...

12 comments:

Tara said...

Hey, I'm glad I checked out your blog just now! Something...drew me to Manuel's View and voila, you're back! Yay!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I'm so glad you had that moment when you knew it wasn't quite over... Welcome back.. I love reading about nonsense...

Jose said...

Be as it may, I sort of knew/hoped you'd be back, so I don't think I moved your button just yet. lol

Welcome back. For certain things two weeks can be too long.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you came back. I often think about walking away, but in the end I have to let it all out.

Welcome Back, MR. Manuel.

laura b. said...

Welcome back, MrManuel. I'm glad for whatever got the juices flowing again. Your "nonsense" is sometimes funny, sometimes touching, sometimes informative...sometimes all of the above!
As for new beginnings, I am ALL for them!

Churlita said...

Yea! This was the first day I didn't check it. i'm glad you stopped by to let me know.

You should totally use the blog and us to get the good, the bad and the ugly out. That's what we're here for.

Anonymous said...

You're back!

Don't go Dark Phoenix on us!

**dances with glee**

Anonymous said...

YAY! Welcome back dear! I'm so happy, I have silly tears in my eyes. I was sadly still checking everyday and yesterday, I almost deleted your blog from my favorites. Glad I didn't. I know it has been tough for you and Jess. I'm with you both in thought and prayer. I love you. Hugs and smiles.

Tara said...

I have a movie quote trivia thing over at my blog that you might like.

Churlita said...

I forgot to comment about you and Jess. I know how hard things have been for you guys lately. From the outside looking in, you guys seem so supportive of each other and sweet to each other. I've seen Jess call you on your s*@#, which I think is important for couples, but never in a hurtful or judging manner - only in that healthy way so you can see how it made her feel. I love seeing that on your blog. It gives me hope that healthy and positive long-term relationships are possible and I'm glad you guys found each other. No matter what other bad things have happened to you guys, at least you have an awesome partner in crime.

Whew. That was a long and gushy comment. I've just always wanted to tell you that.

Mom said...

Hey babe - thanks for steering me back to your blog. I'm glad you are back - I may not have been an everyday reader but I always looked forward to a new post from you. So let's hear about "mini you"

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I'm glad you couldn't stay away. I agree that this is an excellent outlet for you. Having a blog doesn't mean you have to blog everyday, you just blog when you're inspired to. I love you and I love your stories and I'm glad you're back.

Oh, and thanks Churlita for your very touching observation of my and Manuel's relationship. I truly am the luckiest girl in the world to have him as my husband,