Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Tale of Two Seasons

Catching up on the last 4 days of pics.  The title of the blog post comes from the fact that the first picture is from our last hard rain hopefully that we will have this season and the last picture is from today, our first absolutely beautiful day in a long while.  Spring is here!

March 26th, 2011 - Day 85

Saturday morning, I was feeling under the weather a bit and had to be out of the house by 8am. I also knew that it was also my last opportunity to take a picture for the day as I expected to not be home until after midnight. With that in mind, I took a quick shot, forgetting I had already done a leaf in March. Oh well, under the circumstances, I am still ok with it.
March 26th, 2011 - Day 85

March 27th, 2011 - Day 86
This little teeny bottle carries a fragrance in it that makes Jessica smell SO good! It is almost magical!
March 27th, 2011 - Day 86

March 28th, 2011 - Day 87
I LOVE Dia De Los Muertos stuff. So colorful!
March 28th, 2011 - Day 87
 
March 29th, 2011 - Day 88
I didn't think it would ever come, but the nice weather is finally here! Welcome, Spring, I have surely missed you!
March 29th, 2011 - Day 88
 

5 comments:

nani said...

Nice pictures. I do like the leaf even if you've already done one. Spring is nice. It will be blazing hot soon. :-( Hugs, Nani

laura b. said...

Wow, four outstanding pictures! Each one is so vivid and lovely in its own way.
I am soooo ready for spring!!!

AlienCG said...

Great pictures. Love the leaf shot and would love to know how you did it. I have to get some more of my work up.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Leaf: Meh, they're nearly a month apart and different enough it doesn't matter. I think this one is pretty. I DO enjoy the water droplets on the leaf - like a little bit of true nature captured on, well, not film, but you know... I think it would be interesting to do a leaf a month - you could document the changes of the seasons and stuff that way...

Perfume bottle: And to think that perfume is from high school... I hardly use it because they don't make it anymore. Actually, I'm surprised it still smells good! Enough of that - this picture is BEAUTIFUL! I really like the washed out, muted colors. The design on the bottle is so subtle, you almost don't see it right away.

Dia de los Muertos: Straight on like this, she looks scary! Despite that, this is a fantastic representation of the rich, wonderful culture I was fortunate enough to marry into. I can't wait until your sister has this on her arm!

Blue sky: Unbelievable! The contrast of the red leaves against the blue sky is simply stunning! I am IN LOVE with this!!!

Mom said...

Pretty much everything Jessica said. Still think it looks like an alligator/crocodile. You can take a picture of a leaf everyday for a year and each one would be beautiful and different. So, do we mind you have taken one already? Absolutely not!