Friday, April 29, 2005

That's the last time I try to be nice...

My mom and I are driving home from some running around we were doing today. I'm stopped at a red light, and there's a guy wanting to come into traffic from the gas station. Since I'm stopped, I figure I'll let him in when the light changes. So the light changes and the cars in front of me go, leaving a space for this guy to pull in. I wait, but he doesn't go because he's not paying attention. I give up on him, thinking that it's his loss for spacing out. So as I go to go, he starts to go too. I have to hit my brakes so we don't crash, and I let him in. Do you think he thanked me? Nope, and I gave him plenty of time before I got agitated at him and flipped him off Friends style.

So we're driving down the street and there's a bus stopped at the bus stop in the right lane. We have to stop because traffic is coming too fast in the other lanes to pull over. Finally there's a break and I go, but again I have to hit the breaks because of this guy. It wasn't like we both went to change lanes at the same time - I was already changing lanes and moving forward when he decides to change lanes, essentially cutting me off. I'm already pissed at him for not thanking me for letting him in, so I honk. He throws up his hands. I throw up my hands. He throws his hands back up, and I do the same, mocking him now. So it goes, hands for hands until my mom and I are laughing and we change lanes and pass him.

But the point is, I try to be nice to someone, and look what happens. Kindness is not rewarded. I think I'm going to start being more selfish and self-centered like everyone else, that way I won't have to have my kind gestures shat upon like today.

1 comment:

MrManuel said...

You should know that people are just assholes. They even become bigger ones when they get in the car. I tell ya hon, no one can drive out there but us...