Thursday, April 29, 2010

Healing

It has now been a few days since we had to put our Orko down and the healing process has begun. I guess we are kind of adjusting to not having him around, but maybe it has been a little easier since we have been dog sitting my parents' two dogs for a week and it hasn't been just one dog in the house to remind us that that is all we have right now.  I think it may have been harder had only Leia been here.  The dogs go home tonight so we will see how it goes.  We do keep slipping up: calling other dogs Orko, saying our TWO dogs, etc.  I guess that will last for a while.  In case you are wondering, we do not planning on getting another dog, at least for now.  With Leia about 9 years old, we feel it would be mean to bring a puppy or any dog for that matter back into the household.  So that is the plan, at least for now. 

With that, here are the last three pictures of the day...

This reminds me of those models you see at model homes where you can pick which lot you want. The center area must be where they are putting the new stadium. Or this could just be the insides of a computer!
April 27th, 2010 - Day 334


Spare some change?
April 28th, 2010 - Day 335


King of the Mountain. Again, a little out of focus, but the moment was just too good to pass up!
April 29th, 2010 - Day 336

8 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Maybe it is a blessing in disguise Logan and Duquesa are here...

All of the pictures are great, as always, but the one of Duque looking down at you - classic.

nani said...

Duquesa is cute!
I thought having Logan and Duquesa there might be a blessing in disguise. We bought a couple of puppies when Penney was about 12 and it made her crazy. Leia doesn't need the pressure of puppies. Good decision. Hugs.

laura b. said...

That picture of Duquesa is especially awesome.

I know it will be hard getting used to life without Orko. But I think you are right to avoid rushing into getting another dog.

Churlita said...

I love the dog pic. It's perfect!

Mom said...

Thanks for the pictures of my cute ones. I'm very glad they were there for you. I love the spa story!

Sal said...

Once again, we're so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is difficult enough, but obviously moreso when he is, for all intents and purposes, your child.

The pictures are great as always. The shot of the circuit board (or whatever it is; despite my reputation I'm not a computer expert) and your likening it to a tract of model homes is particularly clever. The quarter is vivid and unbelievably detailed, especially the ridges along its edge; and the shot of Duquesa looking down at the camera is adorable and fun.

Jose said...

I truly hope it gets easier as the days pass. Hang in there!

Tara said...

Cute photo on the bottom there, I like the angle. He's ready for his close-up!