Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Wonders of Wondercon!

Saturday, Jess and I went to Wondercon 2010 which is basically a HUGE comic/sci-fi/movie/nerd convention. It is run by the people who do ComicCon, the biggest convention of its kind in the world. Wondercon is like the little brother, not quite as big, but still tons of fun. We got to walk around and see stuff for purchase, meet movie stars, see fun costumes, and sit and listen to movie stars plug their upcoming movies. We had a ton of fun and I would do it again.

Especially cool was Peter Mayhew, the guy in the Chewbacca outfit, was there and Jess was able to take a picture with him again. She met him in September, but that was the day of the infamous lost/stolen camera. He was more than happy to take another picture free of charge!








I also got to meet Shawnee Smith, or Amanda from the Saw films.  I was excited for this because I had a slight crush on her when I was younger; dating back to the movie Summer School.  And she was even cuter in person so that made my day!













And now, because I have been out of town and behind, here are the last 5 pictures of the day!


Cobra Commander behind "bars."
April 1st, 2010 - Day 308


Grayce blowing out her candles while Dustin Hoffman watches on.

April 2nd, 2010 - Day 309

The BART trains zooms by. I wish I had a tripod for this shot.

April 3rd, 2010 - Day 309

Jessica's toe all pretty for Easter

April 4th, 2010 - Day 310

A cloud from the afternoon, both pretty and imposing.

April 5th, 2010 - Day 311

7 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Peter Mayhew was awesome! That was a fun day. I'm surprised you didn't post pics of the other celebrities we saw...

All of your pictures for photos of the day are great, especially that one of the BART train.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I didn't know he was the guy in the suit.. very cool.. Love the pics of the train and Jess's toes are so pretty... Love the cloud shot.. my favorite.. as I LOVE clouds pics.. Glad you had a great time at Wondercon..

Churlita said...

Jess' feet are so cute. I'd never allow anyone to put photos of my toes on the internet. Wondercon sounds awesome!

laura b. said...

WonderCon sounds like so much fun...that picture of Jessica and Peter Mayhew is really cool. I also really like the baby's face in the glow of the candles and tv :-)

Mom said...

The Bart train picture is equally impressive. I love the black and white.
I love Summer School and remember her well. I never knew you had a crush on her. interesting!!!

Grayce is so cute. She is so big now.

Tara said...

Shawnee Smith used to be on that show "Becker". She was his funny, goofy medical assistant. So weird to see her in the "Saw" movies.

Sal said...

I'm quite envious of your Wondercon experience! This is the first year in recent memory that I've missed it, but we had a good excuse. If you guys go in 2011, you'll likely see us there. Gianna will be dressed as the Baroness from G.I. Joe.

I was wondering where my little Cobra Commander figure (and others) went to! I'd forgotten that I lent them to you. Keep 'em as long as you need 'em. Cute shot; looks like he's in Guantanamo Bay or something.

The BART picture looks like it could be in the Chronicle. Front page, of course, above the fold. Excellent work.

Katie likes Jess' pedicure. Nice work. That's pretty much how Katie's toes looked the day she went into the hospital. The L&D nurses were gushing with compliments during our two-day adventure.

The colors in the cloudy sky photo are awesome. The blue sky is nicely offset by the menacing gray clouds, and the patch of extreme darkness at the bottom of the shot (just about the DirecTV dish) speak volumes. I might just have to make that my desktop wallpaper.