Sunday, May 22, 2005

Let the Debate begin...

Just finished watching Hoosiers for the first time in my life. Yeah, I know. A huge basketball AND movie fan like myself has not seen Hoosiers? Sometimes, you just never get around to seeing some movies. I have always wanted to see it because many consider it to be the greatest sports film of all time. So of course, I went in expecting a great movie. It wasn't bad. But it wasn't what I expected. Of course, I knew how it ended before I saw it, but that shouldn't take anything away from it. Take the movie "Miracle" for example. I knew how that was going to end. The story is legend. However, after that movie, I felt so moved and inspired. It touched me. I might have even had to hold back tears. I didn't get that with Hoosiers. I wanted to reach that level, but it didn't even come close. Like I said, many consider Hoosiers THE quintessential sports movie. I would have to disagree. I would have to place Miracle above it. It just took me to an emotional level that Hoosiers was not able to attain. So, comments are asked for, what is better Hoosiers or Miracle?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com VS. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoosiers is a good movie that I enjoyed when I watched it and I kinda felt the same way. It is hard to compare an old "classic" movie with a movie of today. What used to be a good action movie back then wouldn't even compare to a movie of today so when I watch the old movies I try to remember how these were "firsts" back then. I know there are still "classics" that even now a movie of today wouldn't hold a candle too but Hoosiers to me doesn't fit in that category. Keep on reviewing!