Wednesday, September 03, 2008

In Memoriam

Today our world lost a wonderful person. Today, we lost Agnes Bart, or GG as we called her. She was Jessica's great grandmother and she passed away today, one month from her 102nd birthday. So, I guess you can say she lived a long and wonderful life. She really was the sweetest person I know/knew and I am blessed and lucky that I was able to have her part of my life, something I would have never been able to do if I hadn't joined Jessica's family. It really is a double edged sword because although you hate for someone you love to go, the last couple years of her life were difficult for her as she wa sin so much pain. I guess that happens when your body is over one hundred years old. She shall be missed....


Here is Jess and I with her this past Christmas...


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to express my condolences to you and Jess and your family.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Awww, sweetie. That brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for saying such wonderful things about GG. She will be terribly missed.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You two are in prayers.

Jose said...

My condolences to the both of you as well as the whole family. Be happy that she lived a great life here and that now she is in a far better place. I know she will be alright as long as you guys are alright. She'll be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

It is difficult when someone that old passes. The double edged sword is a good way of putting it. You don't want them to die, but you don't want to see them suffer.

Sorry for the loss.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

My condolences to you and Jess and family.... That was very sweet of you to put up a Memoriam..

Anonymous said...

I had the pleasure of meeting her more than once. A very sweet person and I'm certain she will be missed. Her legacy however will live on. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hugs

Tara said...

That's a wonderful photo of the three of you.

She looked like a cool person, and from your description, she was.

Churlita said...

I'm sorry to hear about GG's passing. I hope she wasn't in too much pain before she died.

laura b. said...

I remember seeing that picture and thinking what a cute little grandma she was. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for you and your family. A wonderful grandmother is a rare thing, much like wonderful people, as you are, Be Well

*Renee* said...

My condolences to you and your family. She did live a long wonderful life (that's amazing these days to go pass 100 yrs.old) and I know her spirit will always be with you guys! My heart and prayers go out to each and everyone of you. That picture of you guys is really darling :)!

Anonymous said...

My condolences to the both of you.

k_sra said...

Aw, it is so hard to let lovely peopole go even if they are ripe in years. i lost my sweet grandma last Christmas and I still smile with a little wistfullness when I think of her.

So glad you were able to make her life brighter and she yours.

dmarks said...

My sympathies to you and your family.