Monday, September 01, 2008

California State Fair 2008

Sorry I haven't posted in almost a week now. I last posted on Wednesday night which was the 4th night in a row. Thursday night we were at the State Fair and then the long weekend hit and well, just never got around to do any posting. So, sorry about that!

As mentioned above, Jess and I went to the California State Fair on Thursday night and spent a few hours there. For the most part, it was the same stuff as every year. We did manage to pick up some fun t shirts geared towards Mexicans, some new bedroom sheets that we had bought before and loved, and some jewelry cleaner we couldn't figure out how to say no to. I thought Jess was trying to convince me to buy it while she was really trying to get me to be the bad person and say no. In the end we bought it, but at least it works well, right?

We didn't take many pictures, but here ya go...
Me, driving to the fair





Jess taking a self portrait



I'm eating a fried White Castle burger. Yes, fried.

Close up of the burger. Hold on while I go get the defibrillator...

Jess with her BBQ corn

The booth where I got my fried burger. As you can see, they fry a bunch of different food.

Look who Jess saw at the fair!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought California was all about being health conscious. They have a booth where everything is deep fried?

It looks like you two had a good time.

Churlita said...

I missed the Iowa State Fair this year because we went to California instead. I'm glad I got to see one on your blog. Is it in Sacramento?

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have fun!

:D

Maybe next year I'll get to go to the fair!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Chewbacca and fried frog legs.. Can't get much better than that..Glad you had a good time..

*Renee* said...

LOL at Mrs.Hairy Woman's comment. Eeewwww Fried Frog Legs!!!! Did anybody actually order those? YUCKKKK!!! Great pics all in all :D! Looks like a smashing good time :)! Now I want to go to a fair but I'll pass on anything fried - esp. frog legs! Eeekkkk!

Jose said...

Everyone here in Phoenix thinks the County Fair is the bomb, but me I avoid it at all costs. Too many people and to expensive. Nice pictures though, oh and I don't know about fried burgers. Are they any good? What kindda question is that, it must be good because you only had a little piece left in looking at the picture.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you two had your usual excellent adventure.

laura b. said...

Looks like a great time! I can't wait for the LA County Fair in a couple of weeks. It is kind of expensive, but there is just something about a fair...

Anonymous said...

deep fried hamburgers....I am drooling right now....I need me one of those, stat

You better watch out how you handle Jess' relationship with the Wookie...as you know, it's not wise to upset a Wookie.