Monday, September 29, 2008

Oh, the Horror!!!

777 point drop today. Anyone else shaking in their boots beside me? Man, the economy is pretty shitty right now.

Speaking of horror, this past weekend, Jess and I got to go to a Sci-Fi/Horror convention here in town. It was pretty fun, mostly because of getting to meet some very nice people:




Jess was excited because she got to meet Wil Wheaton. Although most people who wanted to meet him was because of Star Trek, Jess was ecstatic because he is the star of her favorite movie - Stand By Me. It was really cool because at the time we got to meet him, we were really the only people in line and she got to ask him questions about the movie for almost 10 minutes. He told stories, "Feldman was a bastard", and just basically recollected what is was like to make the movie. It really was a special moment for Jess and I was so happy she got to meet him.

















Autographed Stand By Me DVD





















I also got to meet a couple of cool horror people. First, I got to mee Sid Haig, probably most famous for his Rob Zombie movies role of Captain Spaulding. He was pretty friendly and was telling some pretty funny stories while we were in line.


















Sid autographed his picture. It says, "To Manuel, Shit the Bed."



























"To Manuel - On Our Way to Hell!"























Finally, I also got to meet Michael Berryman who some may recognize from the original Hills Have Eyes or Weird Science. He has been in a ton of films because of his unique look. He was a tremendously nice guy and we talked for a while about the work he is doing with rescuing pit bulls. So nice!


8 comments:

Jose said...

Wow, horror flick stars. Sounds like you guys got some quality time with the celebrities. The authgraphs are pretty cool, specially the ones dedicated to you.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I'm glad you guys had a great time inspite of all of the economy stuff happening..

The actors you met seem like really genuine people that care about their fans.. That's a rare quality..

laura b. said...

I love Wil Weaton in Stand By Me too! I used to read his blog a lot, but haven't lately...I think he was one of the first celebrity bloggers that I knew of.

Those are great pictures and great memories.

Anonymous said...

Very, very cool. Looks like some cool stuff going on there.

This economy is making me a bit uneasy, but I think it will improve.

Anonymous said...

The economy is very scary right now. I hope it gets better soon.
Looks like you had lots of fun at the convention. Wil Wheaton is very handsome. You missed out on eating cake with your fingers though. :-) Hugs.

Churlita said...

Teh economy is as scary as that clown picture he autographed for you.

Wil Wheaton seems really cool.

Tara said...

I think Linda Blair rescues pit bulls too!

Well now I am totally jealous. I would've wanted to meet Wil Wheaton because of "Stand By Me" too. I love him also on the "I Love the 80s" shows on VH1. And did you know he's got a photostream on Flickr?

Also thrilled that you got to meet Captain Spaulding.

dmarks said...

Didn't "Stand By Me" have about 8 of the Corey's in it?