Tuesday, February 02, 2010

More Macro

I have two more pictures of the day using the new trusty macro lens. The first was a candle in my house last night. I am pretty pleased with how this came out because of the decent clarity and the colors.

February 1st, 2010 - Day 249


Today, I ventured out into the field by my house to find something interesting to photograph. I was almost about to turn back to the house to switch lenses that way I could take a picture of the ugly swamp (which I figured would look cool) when I came upon a ladybug. I figured this would be a good time to try my first insect macro picture. Only problem is the gal was so close to the ground, I had to go handheld to get the picture up close. That is something I am discovering with my tripod. The lowest I can get it is about 18 inches so anything lower to the ground than that has to be done without a tripod. Despite this, I think the ladybug still came out fairly crisp. Any ideas for a tripod that can get WAY low to the ground though would be appreciated.

February 2nd, 2010 - Day 250

She deserves a song for helping me with my picture of the day!

Well, I was strollin’ along one fine day in the spring,
When a little boy came over to me.
He said, “Look at that thing! Then he tickled my wing,
And I turn’d just as red as can be.
And then he took me to his home
He put me in a jar
Then he stuck me on a shelf on the wall; And I said,
That’s no way to treat a ladybug! No, no way at all.

11 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

That candle flame is amazing. It is so cool how you can see the blue at the base of the flame turn into the red/orange at the stop of the flame. Also, the detail of the wick is amazing.

The ladybug is great, really clear for being hand held. Her shell is so shiny - you can see your reflection if you look closely enough. The details of her face, the black and white, is something we rarely get to see with the human eye.

Yeah, I am REALLY liking this new macro lens!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Those are so cool.. Love them both equally.. I also like that little ditty.. very cool!

nani said...

Beautiful! Both are just amazing!

Jose said...

Amazing captures, both of them. I really love the lady bug but that candle just blows my mind. Kudos to you seƱor.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!! The candle flame is soooo cool! I have to compliment the macro lense yet again. I have tried to get a close up picture of a ladybug with my camera and this picture just puts it to shame! Great job bro!!

Cassie

laura b. said...

Those are both wonderful. The colors in the candle flame are mesmerizing. And the shine on that ladybug! The macro lens lets us all see the world in a whole new way.

Churlita said...

I love both pics. I really like the angle of the candle, and the lady bug almost doesn't look real, the colors are so vibrant.

Mom said...

Wow! That's about all I can say. Simply amazing. And the fact that you still know the words to the song is even better. But a HUGE smile on my face. You are sooo cute. I'm surprised your sister didn't say anything since she knows the words as well!!!

Tara said...

I just noticed the ladybug photo, I love it! That red color you captured is so pretty!

Sal said...

The candle shot is my new desktop wallpaper. I can't praise it enough. Simply amazing.

Sebastien Millon said...

This macro lens is fantastic, awesome ladybug pic!