Tuesday, August 03, 2010

I'm Published!

Ok, so I technically made the book myself, but my pictures are now in book form.  It took me a couple of months, but I took all the pictures from my 365 days of pictures project and put them in a book courtesy of Blurb.com.  It was cool because I got to totally layout the book how I wanted: size of pictures, where I wanted them, what text, size of text, and so on and so on.  It was basically like a blank slate on every page that I got to design exactly as I wanted.  This actually made the project take a while, but it was worth it to have it exactly as I wanted.  When I got the book, it was amazing to see the pictures that I took in an actual book.  It also brought back so many memories, both good and bad.  It is almost like a visual diary of my year.  Jess, understandably, even cried a bit reading through the difficult parts of the book.  Another miscarriage, the loss of her stepmom, and the loss of our dog all in a year will always be remembered when we pick up this book.  But that's life.  You can check it out here! 

Want a video preview?  Here ya go!

5 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I do love the book so very very much, even if it brings back some sad times (but it also reminds us of happy times.)

And I still don't get the first sentence. Am I the only one?

P.S. Apparently word verification is now bilingual - my word is "mundial"!!

laura b. said...

Looks amazing! And I say publication is publication...good for you!!!

Churlita said...

What a great idea. You guys are going to love having that beautiful documentation of your life together.

Tara said...

That is so cool!!

Mom said...

I have to admit that even seeing the pictures over and over like I tried to do, reliving them in a book was different. I probably would have cried more the first (and only) time I have seen the book but I couldn't risk having my son and daughter-in-law laugh at me. The good times, the bad times, and we lived them all through your photographs. Like I said before, thank you for sharing with us. The memories are wonderful.