Friday, February 04, 2011

The Darkness Below

February 4th, 2011 - Day 35

"But she dreaded the dark, dreaded shadows, dreaded black things. Darkness to her was the one thing dreadful." -The Time Traveler, HG Wells

 February 4th, 2011 - Day 35

The calm before the storm and it has nothing to do with this picture.  Tomorrow, I am photographing my first wedding and I am pretty nervous.  I photograph for fun; I am no professional.  Still, people trust me and like my work so it should be interesting.  Please, wish me luck!

6 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I would find this photo alone just a dreary representation of winter but the quote you included makes it scary. Now I can't stop thinking of Pennywise - he came from the gutters, you know... "We all float down here..."

You'll do well tomorrow, I'm not worried. You have a good eye and will give the happy couple wonderful pictures to remember their special day by. I'm eager to see how the pictures come out.

laura b. said...

Beware the Morlocks!

I like the way that picture makes me feel rather cold and desolate.

Have fun being a wedding photographer! Should be a great gig.

Tara said...

You'll be fine! More than fine, you'll be amazing! Good luck tomorrow!

That photo reminds me of Stephen King's story, "It".

Mom said...

I like this picture but don't like all the "cl..." references.

You'll be fine at the wedding my dear. Taking pictures is a natural thing for you. Don't worry so much about the still shots and just have fun taking a lot of action. Those will be the fun ones.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

As I saw a preview on FB.. I can't wait to see what you did.. your photo's are amazing and you need to give yourself more credit.. not everyone has an eye for it.. and besides you published your pics awhile back.. so enjoy what comes naturally!

Churlita said...

I did a whole series of pics of stuff caught in the storm drains, so I love this one.