Monday, February 14, 2011

The Hectic Life

First post in a week.  Man, I am just SO busy lately.  Granted, the first few days after my last post, I was out of town, but since returning, I have been one busy guy.  Catching up on work, catching up on processing of photos, and catching up on life sure keeps me busy.  But life is good so I can't complain.  Plus, a week from now, I'll be in Disneyland!

So what have I been doing?  Well, Tuesday, we went down to the Central Coast to go visit family.  It is just so relaxing for us there and the added bonus of having such a great family down there makes it a doubly wonderful time.  Really, if we could move there, we would.  My cousin, Jeremy, likes to collect unique instruments so I took the opportunity to take a picture of his Oud, an Egyptian guitar.  I could have taken a wide view of it so you could see the whole thing, but I felt this was more unique.  I am pretty happy it came out like this since I was pretty tipsy on tequila when I took it!

February 8th, 2011 - Day 39

The following day was ocean day.  We went and had brunch on the pier - love me some fish 'n chips.  We walked around Morro Bay and then followed it up with a drive to Pismo.  We saw the Monarch butterflies and their yearly migration and then went to the beach.  This was Winston's first time on a beach and he LOVED it!  I took a bunch of pics that I absolutely love, but this one won out in the end for my favorite.

February 9th, 2011 - Day 40
But like I said, I am in love with the pics I took and there was much more than just 1 good one.  Check out the slideshow here.  I promise you, you'll find some cool pics.

Thursday was the return trip home, but the fun continued a little upon our return when my folks came over so my dad could try my new tequila.  While I was waiting for him to come over, I took a quick shot of the bottles.  Looks like an advertisement should the company wish to contact me.

February 10, 2011 - Day 41

Friday was a reminder that vacation was over as I put in an extremely long day at work.  I keep this up, I am going to need a recharge in my batteries.

February 11th, 2011 - Day 42

Saturday was an awesome day.  It started bright and early with a Manchester United game at 430am.  Why didn't I just TIVO it?  I have no will power not to look up a score of a game when I know it has already been completed.  But they won this HUGE game and it made waking up SO worth it!  The awesomeness continued throughout the day and concluded with a nice dinner downtown with Jess.  It was Second Saturday so there were people everywhere, both normal and SO not normal.  I went out of my box for the first time and photographed a complete stranger, with his permission, of course.

February 12, 2011 - Day 43

Sunday was filled with watching soccer and working on pictures.  I finally got all the wedding pictures done and as a side note, the mother of the groom, called me to say she couldn't be happier with them.  That made me feel so good.  I still have a blog post coming on the experience.  Anyways, time got the better of me and by the time I thought of taking a picture, I was in no mood for something artsy.  I opted for something quick and fun instead.  I call it, "Incognito."

February 13th, 2011 - Day 44

Which brings us to today, Valentine's Day.  I wanted to get Jessica's help so I woke up before six that why I could get her to help me before she left for her 12 hour shift at work.  For being half asleep, I am happy with it!

February 14th, 2011 - Day 45

Whew...sorry for the lengthy post, but I had to catch up!

6 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

You are awesome, your talent is awesome and I love our awesome life together.

nani said...

You are so cute! I love your pictures and your writing is funny, witty and just good. Hugs, Nani

Tara said...

Awesome photos, especially in the slideshow! I loved the photos where you caught the reflections in the sunglasses! Nicely done!

Also, I like how the pink of the Valentine heart stands out in that last photo on your blog post.

Churlita said...

Awww. I love all those pics, but the one with Jess is amazing.

laura b. said...

I see you've added your trademark to the photos...that is fairly new, right? And smart!

All great photos of the day. And the slideshow is amazing. I really like the beach photo of the day...It could be a postcard.

Mom said...

Your posts, long or short, are worth the wait. I've seen the pictures before but it is always fun seeing them in your blog with the stories behind them. I am absolutely in love with the surfer and need, need, need a print. Jeremy's guitar is awesome, as is your photograph of it.