Saturday, September 05, 2009

September 5th, 2009 - Day 100

Well, long time readers of the blog know this is a long time coming. After five years of trying, two VERY early miscarriages, and even lost money trying to do it the artificial way, we are going to have a baby. Words cannot express the joy we are experiencing right now. We found out a few weeks ago and this past Wednesday, we were able to see our baby's heartbeat on the ultrasound monitor. We know we have a long, difficult time ahead of us, and in fact, we have already had plenty of scares, but at this moment in time, everything is fine with the world.

We started telling our folks on Wednesday, told some friends last night, and broke the word today. How fitting that the news many have been waiting to hear comes out on such an important day. Day 100 of my photo project, and even more importantly, today, September 5th, 2009, is the 20th anniversary of the day Jessica and I met. Sure, when we met on that first day of 6th grade 20 years ago, we never could even remotely imagine how our futures would end up at this moment, but it's funny how things work...

12 comments:

Kelly said...

Goosebumps and tears... That is all I can say. Love you both!!

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I love you so much, Manuel. Happy everything - 100th photo day, 20th anniversary day, baby announcing day. I'd rather experience this life with nobody but you.

Sal said...

Words can't properly express how happy we are for you both. We are excited and hopeful that everything goes well during the pregnancy and beyond. You will certainly be the sort of parents this world needs more of, and you deserve every bit of the joy you must be feeling. Congratulations on every milestone you are celebrating today, but most of all on this most wonderful development.

Sal said...

And by the way, this is an awesome shot that absolutely speaks volumes, while at the same time being very cool!

Sebastien Millon said...

Holy crap!!! Congratulations. You are going to be the best dad!!! you guys deserve it.

laura b. said...

My heart is full for you guys. Raising a child is a privilege and no one is more deserving than you two.

AlienCG said...

Wow, 20 years. Besides immediate family, I don't think I have known anybody for 20 years. I am very happy for both of you and am sure you will make awesome parents.

nani said...

Uncle Skip and I are so full of joy at this new and wonderful news. Congratulations on your happy news, congratulations on 100 days of awesome pictures, Keep up the good work! Congratulations on turning an early friendship into a wonderful love and partnership. You two and an awesome couple and will make great parents! Love, love, love :0)

Mom said...

Well, that did it. Going through so many emotions since we found out, but this is the first time I've actually cried. I think the love and support from everyone is what makes it extra special. Many, many more things to say, but I know you know what we are feeling. I love you both so, so much and you will make the best parents ever - well, besides us. Happy 100, happy 20, and just happy...!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Congrats to you both.. Can't wait for the new addtion to the blogging world..Happy Anniversary as well..

Churlita said...

That is so great! I had some other blogger friends finally have a baby after ten years of trying. I love hearing the success stories.

Tara said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Oh I am so very happy for you and Jess! I saw your headshot on Facebook and wondered what was up! Very, very good news!!