Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Transgressions

Too much going on right now for me to ignore. I know the blog started with me commenting on life, society, etc., but the last 6 months have been largely about my photography. Not right now....

First off, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger. How big of an idiot can this guy be? I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for the accident, mostly because they said alcohol was not involved. Maybe he was just a bad driver, saw a cat, whatever. Now things are starting to leak out with the biggest news/rumor being that he has been involved in extramarital affairs. The injuries could have been because of the domestic dispute that came from these revelations being revealed to his wife.

Ok, seriously, has there EVER been a celebrity who decided to have am affair who did NOT get caught? Don't these always end up coming out? I would think that as a celebrity, the chance of getting blackmailed would be too great to risk. Isn't Tiger worth like a gazilion dollars? Doesn't he think that at one point, the chance for the mistress to gain some money either by blackmail or by selling the story to the press will surface? You WILL get caught.

And let us not forget that he cheated on some former supermodel. Isn't she Norwegian, or Dutch, or Viking or something like that. Really, Tiger? I am not saying you should only stay loyal to your wife if she is hot, but this just screams idiotic. Guys, before you cheat, no, before you even THINK of cheating....no, just don't cheat. It will make it a whole lot easier. It will be interesting to see the fallout of all this from Tiger's image perspective if it all comes out to be true.

In other marriage news, I ran across a very interesting article in the paper today. Let's go back a little bit. If you remember, and if you live in California, I KNOW you have to remember this, California voted against gay marriage last year. The main argument against it was that by banning gay marriage, we would be protecting the sanctity of marriage. In the end, the "sanctity of marriage" won out. Now, a local man is attempting to hold those people who want to protect marriage to their word. Gay rights activist John Marcotte has started an initiative to ban divorce in California. The reason? If we really want to protect marriage, then divorce should be outlawed as well. If we want to protect all marriages, then we should make it so no divorces are allowed. Sure, for the most part, this is mostly a publicity stunt, but I love it. I would love if this got put on the ballot. I would love to see all the hypocritical people who want to "protect" marriage have to be forced to decide on whether they vote yes on this or go against what they originally fought for last year. Let's see just how much much these people want to protect marriage. You can't say you want to protect marriages by disallowing some people to marriage and then turn around and be involved in a divorce.

We'll have to see how both of these turn out...

10 comments:

Mom said...

I was also willing to give Tiger the benefit of the doubt but as more and more information comes out, I'm very disappointed. As it turns out - Tiger is just like so many of the other celebrities that can't just be happy with what they have.

On your other point, I think that guy is hilarious for what he is doing. I, too, am curious to see how voters would react to this.

I do miss your regular posts and your insight on life, but I also love your pictures. I know both are very time consuming so I'm happy we get what we get from you. Always appreciate a little slice of Manuel.

Kelly said...

Tiger is a fool...

I LOVE this guy and his petition! I think it is awesome! I hope if gets on the ballot. After it loses, I cannot wait for the debates to ensue.

On another note, I like the pictures, but I do miss the posts.

AlienCG said...

Another freakin' celebrity affair uncovered. Whee, in real news...

I saw this article on another site and was laughing about it. I hope it does get on the ballot. I wonder how many of the Prop 8 supporters will actually sign the petition.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Tiger is a fool. Thinking with the wrong head... Idiot.

Bravo to this guy for pointing out the hypocrisy of the anti-gay marriage bigots. He might be my new hero because that whole prop 8 thing got me all kinds of riled up...

As much as I'm loving your pictures, I do miss your thoughts on life and the world. This was a nice treat.

Sal said...

Regarding Tiger, you know the old adage: Show me a really hot woman, and I'll show you a guy who's tired of banging her. Yeah, it was stupid, largely because Tiger's been so clean-cut and, for lack of a better word, boring for his entire career. As the Green Goblin said, the only thing people love more than a hero is to see a hero fail. At any rate, who Tiger gets it on with is none of my business, just as Letterman, Clinton and all the others were none of my business.

That petition rules. Isn't it convenient the way the criteria of what threatens the "sanctity" of marriage changes at the whim of those who oppose same-sex marriage? Like two men who love and respect each other somehow put the the marriage of a couple of manipulative cheaters (who happen to be male and female) at risk. Bullshit.

laura b. said...

Discretion does not exist in the world of celebrities. When will they learn? They're slow like that, apparently.

I think one of the best things about that guy and his anti-divorce petition is the way it has gotten people talking about Prop 8 again. It is pretty important that people don't forget about it and slip back into complacency.

Tara said...

I get so tired of finding out that the celebrities I actually admire turn out to be idiots. The news about Tiger is so disappointing.

nani said...

Thanks for a great post. I have missed your insights and opinions. I agree Tiger was a fool to think he could cheat and not pay the piper. He is after all just a man with poor judgement. I've never understood how people can cheat on their spouses. I am however now bored with the subject.

Churlita said...

Here's what I don't get: If you want to have sex with other people, why would you get married? Just stay single, then you can have sex with any consenting person you want and no one else gets hurt. Derrrr.

That wouldn't go here in Iowa since gay marriage is legal. It's great that he's doing that, though.

Jose said...

The life of celebrities is the least of my worries. The Enquirer would go broke with people like me.