Sunday, January 30, 2011

Catching Up On the Fun

Have to catch up on three days works of pics and fun!  Friday morning, I woke up and the fog was just unbelievably thick!  Even though it wasn't even 7:30 in the morning yet, I quick threw on some clothes and went to the park to try to take some pics of the foggy park.  My idea was that fog in a park with trees and stuff would give off a sort of creepy, eerie feel.  It was sure nice to have my pic of the day done by 8:00am in the morning!  However, I took a bunch of pics that I liked and wasn't sure which one to use as my pic of the day.  On my photography site on Facebook (I am pretty sure everyone reading this is a fan of the page already), I elected to post all 8 and put it to a vote of which one to use.  The following picture below was the overwhelming favorite.  Although you can't see the fog as well in a sepia-type tone like this as opposed to my color ones where it is very apparent, people loved the clarity of this one:

January 28th, 2011 - Day 28

Yesterday, I started work on my tattoo sleeve.  I am planning on doing my whole arm in movie characters.  We started with Alien and Predator and after about 6 hours, we still didn't finish.  It is mostly done, but I have to go back in about 3 weeks for some shading and stuff like that.  I elected to have the pic of the day be, obviously, something tattoo related.  The following pic is the tool used to create my tattoos right before we "started" on the tattoo.

January 29th, 2011 - Day 29
Why did I put "started" in quotations you may ask?  Well, besides being the pic of the day, this picture did double duty for me!  Some of my fellow bloggers have elected to bring back the Saturday Scavenger Hunt project.  Every week, someone picks a word and the goal is to take a picture that represents that word.  As this was the first week, the word, "start" was chosen.  I think I got the job done.

Today, I had a few ideas for the picture of the day, but then Jess was being cute and made the gesture you will see below.  I thought it was so cute, I asked her to do it one more time while I took a picture.  I am so lucky that she is such a willing participant in my picture taking!  Well, and lucky that I got to marry her!

January 30th, 2011 - Day 30

5 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

The fog has been crazy thick the last few days, but since it started raining last night, not so much. Your fog picture is BEAUTIFUL! The trees and fog in the distance are stunning. This is a great picture - I REALLY like it.

Tattoos have become more accepted, thankfully, because it's a great medium to express yourself on the blank canvas that is your body. I'm sad though that you didn't include the quote that you did on the photography page though... I am in love with your new tattoo and am so excited that it's the first step in what will surely be an amazing work of art. I think the colors surrounding the tattoo machine really make the picture.

A photographer who married a ham - you ARE lucky! And I'm lucky you're so willing to indulge me! Thanks for making me look nice in this picture. And the "framing" is awesome, pun intended... :-)

Mom said...

Love all three. Each one tells such a different story. That part has been such a nice place for you to take pictures and they have all come out so nice.

The picture of the tattoo "tool" is cool just as your tattoo is and will continue to be. I like this picture alot.

Jessica has always been such a good photographic subject and this has to be one of my favorites. The softness to this picture along with her beautiful smile is wonderful.

Tara said...

That's a great example of "start"! I like the bright colors in that photo, too, and it's very clear.

I love the photo of the foggy park. I took some photos of fog about five years ago when I visited my hometown. I also took photos of the beach when it was foggy. Talk about creepy!

laura b. said...

Ooohhh, good start! I love the choice everyone made for your fog photo. And the pictures of your tattoo on FB are amazing, truly.
And finally, Miss Sassy Pants is cute as a button :-D

Churlita said...

Jess is always cute.

I love the foggy pic too.