Sunday, January 16, 2011

Two For the Price of One

Got a little behind in posting pictures the last couple of days because of a couple of busy days and late nights.  So, because of my busy life, you get two pictures in one post.  Double the reading in half the time!

Yesterday's picture was taken right before bed last night.  As Friday night was a late night that required some sleeping in and Saturday was a busy day,  I didn't even think about taking pictures until late last night.  Eager to take something quick, I somehow thought of the idea to take a picture of a screw with my macro.  Something simple, but something that could look cool if done right.

January 15th, 2011 - Day 15

Today, with more time to think about what to take, I went for something a little more complicated.  It came to me today as I walked past the window after my jog.  I loved the light coming in, but wanted to do something a little more complicated than a simple picture of the blinds.  So I grabbed the tripod, thought of an idea to put myself in the picture, and came up with what you see below.  I call it, "The Voyeur."  Or, you could just call it, "The Nosy Neighbor."

January 16th, 2011 - Day 16

6 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

The coloring on the screw photo is awesome. The ridges on the length of the screw, the part out of focus, almost looks like it's in double vision... Weird and cool at the same time!

The black and white/sepia tone of the blinds photo gives it an old time feel. I like the light on your face. Did you see anything good out there?!

Keep up the good work, my love - I am thoroughly enjoying this so far!!

Jose said...

Señor your are telented indeed. Good pictures good captions, awesome ideas, I to am enjoying it.

nani said...

I love both but especially the one with you looking outside with what appears to be concern. "What is that?"

Mom said...

Love both pictures. I love seeing you in the picture for a change.

laura b. said...

Yes, I agree...nice to see you in the picture. You are like a modern Mrs Kravitz - which will mean nothing to you, if you never saw Bewitched :-) Anyway, I do like the light and shadow there.
The picture of the screw is very vivid. I always enjoy the macro shots.

Churlita said...

I love both of them. But the bottom one reminds me of the Hitchcock movie, Rear Window.