Monday, January 17, 2011

Off the Beaten Path

January 17th, 2011 -- Day 17

"Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence.”

Henry David Thoreau
 I went out to the field this evening with the intention of taking pretty much the exact shot you see below.  Only thing I didn't count on was no matter what angle or direction I held the camera, I couldn't get a shot without houses in the background.  I really wanted a path and ONLY a path, but sometimes, you have to go with what is in front of you.  Perhaps another day, I can find the path I am looking for, no pun intended.  I guess I could have edited the houses out, but it seemed like a little too much work and too much alteration.  In the end, I am still happy with this picture of a path on a dreary day.
January 17th, 2011 - Day 17

6 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

It's still a great shot despite the houses. They're pretty far in the background and not super prominent, plus the dreary day is like the color of the houses and they blend right in, so no worries.

I am REALLY liking the quotes - they give the pictures additional personality and depth.

nani said...

Loving the quotes! Thoughtful and provocative. Love the picture. As always! Hugs, Nani

laura b. said...

I really, really like this shot. It makes me feel wistful. The houses are almost like a mirage...someplace safe and warm the viewer may or may not reach....

Mom said...

There's houses! Not what I notice when I look at the picture. I love the touch of poetry to your pictures. Now we really know what you're thinking.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Mom - I didn't see the houses in the background until he mentioned them either!

Churlita said...

Love that quote and that pic. It still looks stark and lonely, even with the houses.