Friday, December 17, 2004

Catching up...

Wow, I haven't written in this since Monday. So much for doing it every day. Things have been pretty hectic with it being the last week of school before vacation. I saw Ocean's 12 on Tuesday night. Pretty good. Not as great as the first one though which is slightly disappointing. I think the main difference in the two movies is cool versus suave. The first one just oozed with coolness. The guys in it were just a bunch of cool cats hanging in Vegas. I guess Soderbergh thought that this one needed a different feel since it was now in Europe instead of Vegas. Hence, the suave feel of Europe. Still a good movie, but it wasn't quite as good as the first one. The cast and the story were just as good in this one, but it just had a different feel.

Finally saw my recorded tape of the finale of Survivor. I was very happy for Chris. I mean, he had everything going aganist him from the very beginning. Luckily, when it came down to him being the last man, the claws on the women came out - against each other. All he had to do was stir up things a little and then watch the women go at each other. Once it came down to the final four, there wasn't a likeable woman there that he had to worry about. A salute to you for hanging in there, Chris. One thing that pisses me off as how people get so bitter at the final tribal council. If someone gets betrayed, they turn in to the worst possible human being with name calling and accusations coming left and right. Why can't people just realize that it is a game. If they were put in that same situation, they would have done the same thing for the million bucks. It's not like the liar killed a family memeber of theirs or something. They lied behind your back to get themselves closer to the miliion dollars on the game. I think they end up realizing that they overreacted a little because by the reunion show, all seems to be forgiven. I am still tired of these kinds of people. But then again, I am sure the producers eat it all up. If I got outsmarted, I would tip my hat, and walk off. Maybe that is why I haven't been picked to go on the show yet. Yes, I have applied.

Poker game at my house tonight. I haven't won in like a month and a half. Need to get back in the swing of things. Maybe I will update on how the game goes right after. Wish me luck, not that poker is about luck.

No comments: