Saturday, December 18, 2004

More bad beats...

Bad beat definition- When you have the best hand in poker and some lucky son of a bitch gets lucky and pulls a win out of their ass thus taking almost all or all of your chips. For an example, see Manuel's last three poker nights. Yeah, I am pissed. This is the third time in a row that I have lost almost all or all of my chips on a lucky card. Worse yet, it was to my buddy Duncan every time. Example #1 from a month ago: He has pocket jacks and I have pocket queens. He ends up getting his third jack while I end up losing all my money. 2 weeks ago, he goes all in with King/Jack off suit, and I call him with Ace/King suited. All that comes up is his damn Jack and I go out. Tonight, he goes all in with Queen/Jack. I have a pair of Jacks and call him. Of course again, a queen comes up. I am down to $30(imaginary dollars- we play $20 each), he doubles to $1,400 and I am all but done again. Same guy ALL THREE times. I have to be due for some luck on this guy. But apparently, tonight was not the night AGAIN. Sometimes, maybe you do need a little luck on your side...

No comments: