Wednesday, February 22, 2006

It's My Birthday!

Happy birthday to me! Today I am 28 years old - getting up there... In 2 years I'll be 30, but let's not think about that right now...

I had to go to work tonight. I was scheduled to work the night of the 21st, and about 1030 am on the 21st work called and asked me if I wanted to stay home the night of the 21st and work days on the 22nd. I said heck no, that's my birthday! I told work it was bad enough that I had to be there when it became my birthday. They offered me to be on call - stay home and get $10/hour to be available if it gets busy and they need me. I said what the heck. So I was on call until about 8pm, then work called and asked me to come in. I got there at 830pm and started working at time and a half, because that's what they pay if you get called in. Heck, the equivalent of holiday pay on my birthday - that works!

They were so sweet too. I love the girls I work with. A few minutes after midnight they sang to me and gave me hugs.

And I got to go home at 330am, so working 7 hours isn't too bad. And I'm back on call again, getting paid $10/hour to sit here and write this.

So what are my birthday plans? Manuel has to work today, probably until about 1 or 2pm, so I'll sleep while he's at work. We're going to see Brokeback Mountain at 4pm, then we'll go out for dinner at BJ's after. And that's it. I'm a simple girl. Dinner and a movie with the man I love works for me.

So happy birthday to me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday cutie!
Love you bunches!
Have a great day!

mrvideoguy said...

Happy Birthday kiddo. and You are going out on a date? Dinner and a movie and you AREN'T seeing Date Movie? Come on! That is just spitting in the face of all things logical. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a good day! Hope you enjoyed it!

mrvideoguy said...

Happy Birthday kiddo. and You are going out on a date? Dinner and a movie and you AREN'T seeing Date Movie? Come on! That is just spitting in the face of all things logical. :)