Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Unhatched chickens and unexpected eggs

The old saying goes, never count your chickens before they hatch. Never is that more apparent than in real estate. Until escrow is closed, you can consider it an unhatched egg. I have another example of this happening in the past week. There was a lady that I have been working with who was referred to me by my aunt. The lady wanted to buy a house or condo here in town once her condo in southern Cal sold. We have talked a lot over the past few months and I got a basic idea of what she wanted and where. I couldn' wait for her condo to sell because she said we would start looking once it sold. We,, it finally sold this week and she emailed me to tell me that and....... that she wanted to take a break from looking for anything and that she would keep me in mind whenever she started to look again. It just disappoints me because I actually thought I was pretty close to the point whee we would start looking for something. Then this happens and it sounds pretty dead for now. What scares me even more is that this is what my former friend said to me to right before she turned around and bought something through someone else. Did this happen? I don't want to ask for fear of offending the person if she really does just want to chill for now. I guess we will just have to wait and see...

But sometimes eggs come along that you didn't even expect. To make a long story short, I now have a listing! Yes, the parents of a good friend of mine called and told me they wanted to list their house. I went over, presented my material, and they want to list with me. Paperwork has not been signed because they have been really busy so it is still just a verbal agreement (scary), but they have started prepping their house for the sale. If all goes as expected, there will be a sign in front of their house in about 3 weeks or so with MY name on it. This is great, but technically until it sells, it is an unhatched egg. Wish me luck...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the egg! Hope it hatches soon and with twin chicks! Just having your name on the house should start the ball rolling for you. I'm so excited for you. :-)
Don't worry about Diane. She has been through a lot lately and wants to chill out for awhile. She is pretty conservative and wants to take things slow. She wants to buy a car first. She's a very nice person and I'm confident she will contact you when she is ready. I try not to bug her but will keep an eye on her for you. Hugs

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Sweetie, you know I love and support you and keep my fingers AND toes crossed for you every single day. Things will start coming together soon, what with the Ps and the Rs and a listing in your farm. I'm proud of your tenacity and sticking with a job you love through the hard times. Your patience and determination will pay off. Then you can spend all the money you make on me! :-)

Anonymous said...

Feel free to spend some of the money you make on me too!! HeHe
I love you bro!

Anonymous said...

Hey... We closed today on Omaha! The realtor you referred to us there was AWESOME! Thanks for a job well done. Now, if only this house in Arizona would sell... =)

Valkyrie said...

You get on with your 'bad' self.

:)

Anonymous said...

Hadn't heard about the person nani referred you to but don't lose faith. You've got the other going on now and don't give up hope on the rest. I've been confident and felt good about all this up until now. I have complete faith and love in you that you are doing what you love and you will succeed. Don't forget, however that you guys promised me a jag -- sorry Jess and Cassie.