Friday, February 24, 2006

My Mind

I had a dream last night. It was too vivid and real to forget. It wasn't a fantasy kinda dream. It just was a flip side of my life. The "It's a Wonderful Life" version where I find out what if this all went the other way. It kinda went down like this.

I dreamt I woke up and just needed to do something just for me. Completely selfish and without regard for all others. I knew how all my other friends let themselves go and be that bad version of themselves and I could tell that it was just my turn to do it in my own way. I called into my boss and got the day off with some well crafted truth twisting. I avoided the rush of my roommates rising from their slumber, so that I could avoid the obvious 20 questions of me not following the typical regimen of the day. I hit a nice lil breakfast spot and got my fill then made the call I hadn't made in 2 months. When I heard her voice it was sweet symphony to my cold-blooded heart. I could feel her hands shaking through the phone as her surprise to my call was tangible. After an emotional 5 minutes of small talk we agreed to meet. I knew my roommates scheduel and that my girl had not seen my new home. An empty house with the girl I love. Sometimes being bad is just oh so irresistable and tempting. I could resist any kind of peer pressure there was throughout my life. My weakness was just this one thing. I could never say no to her. After a drive in the sunny California afternoon we just spent the rest of our time together in this park that had just become "OUR" spot. It wasn't the scenary as much as it was just the company that made the day drift by oh soo smoothly as if we were an episode in a WB drama TV series. I just wished I could record this day and put it in a permanent loop. I could even feel her lips on mine as she kissed me goodbye and...............

5 am Time to wake up. I just got paid, but it's all going to my rent. I swear the first thing I hear in my head is, "I love you boo." But it was just a dream. I am not that bad guy after all. I didn't spend the day doing as I wished without regard for anyone else. All I get to do is say hi to my stuffed bear and wish I was that brazen and spontaneous. That she would actually take my call if I ever made it. Just another weekend at work. Nothing special.....

P.S. Shout out to Cassie. The song is titled "Somos novios (It's Impossible)" by Andrea Bocelli & Christina Aquilera. It is on Andrea Bocelli's album Amore. I have no idea what they are saying, but I know you are a Christina fan too, so figured I'd share in case you hadn't heard this new song she is on. Damn that girl can sing "The itsy bitsy spider" and I'd be all over buying that album. Rabble Rock!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rich, you are too funny! I've heard that there is a new song ,but I haven't heard it yet...I will definitely have to check it out...and then I'll let you know what they are saying! Well I'll have my dad tell me what they are saying and then I'll let you know. I was just listening to the Stripped cd on my way home from school on Thursday and thinkin to myself.."This is a good cd!" And of course I was singin too! Just had to let you know that for some reason...Thanks for the shout out!

MrManuel said...

Well, don't spend ALL your money on rent. You still have some poker to play next weekend. Although, with all the money you won a few weeks ago, you have to have SOME left I am sure...