Monday, November 26, 2007

The season is upon us

We are officially on a countdown to Christmas! Not only is that exciting for the obvious reasons, but I am also going to Disneyland for a few days the day after Christmas! Quite a lot to look forward to. So what have I been up to the last few days? I generally hate the whole "what I did" recap, but I had a lot going on...

Thursday - Had Thanksgiving at my folks' house. I didn't eat too much as I really don't care for Thanksgiving food too much. I usually just put some turkey on bread with mayo and cranberry sauce and make a sandwich, throw some mashed potatoes on the side and that pretty much covers what I like. I guess it is good because it keeps me from stuffing my face on at least one day of the year. Some more family members came over after dinner and we watched a movie. We didn't stay too late into the night as we knew the next day would be quite busy!

Friday - At 5:00 am, the alarm went off to get out of bed and get those Black Friday deals. I guess it isn't too bad considering that when the alarm when off at 5:00 am, my parents and sister had already been at Best Buy for 20 minutes! Crazy! They wanted to get there early because my sister wanted to get a new camera - the one I just got a few months back. Copycat - always trying to be like me! We got some good shopping in at a few stores and we were able to cross a handful of things off our Christmas shopping list!

We were home by noon or so, but spent the next few hours on the phone with my dad because he decided to buy a new tv and needed advice. He ended up with a tv and I went over to my parent's house to answer a few more questions for him before he opened it. He ended up deciding to get a different one! In the end, he got a kickass tv that I am really jealous of!

Friday night was a night I had really been looking forward to for a long time - my high school soccer alumni game. I haven't played in a while, but couldn't do any training for it because of my torn calf muscle. The orthopedist even advised me not to play, but when soccer is your life and you haven't played in a while, I knew I would be playing. It was us old guys against the current varsity team for the high school. I hobbled around a bunch and the skin tight jersey didn't fit me at all, but I had a good time. I even saved a goal from going in! We lost 4-3 in the last minute, but all in all, it was an awesome time and I look forward to next year. Jess took some pics so I will post those later on. And in true soccer spirit, we went all went to pizza after!

Saturday - We started by going to IKEA with my aunt who was visiting from out of town. She had never been there so it is always fun to take a new person to that store. We picked up a few small things, but were mostly there for the ride. After, I helped my dad set up his tv and BluRay player. Man it looks good. His 1080p puts my 720p to shame. So jealous....

Saturday night was poker and it was another night of not winning any money. It has been almost five months now since I have won at poker. July 3rd to be exact. Just depressing. Luckily, that did not put a damper on my night as a few of my friends played Rock Band with me. If you don't know, Rock Band is like Guitar Hero, but with a drum set and microphone included - think Guitar Hero, Drum Hero, and Karaoke Hero all combined. It is an awesome game and Jess and I have been playing nonstop since we got it last Tuesday. My friend Gary did a lot of singing and almost had me pissing my pants with his interpretations of some songs. It helped that he was drunk off his ass! Good times! Where is a video camera when you need one?!?!

Sunday - We set up the house for Christmas. Despite me loving the holiday, I despise the whole setting up Christmas around the house thing. Only thing worse is taking it down. Besides that, it was a nice relaxing day. Too bad work had to return today. But, I guess the faster Monday came, the faster it is until Christmas and Disneyland!

6 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

* I'm excited for Disneyland too!
* Your mom's turkey was good. I love that the first thing you said to me when we woke up Thanksgiving morning was, "I'm thankful for you."
* We did pretty well on our shopping. I'm glad we got the sale on the dishes for Aunt Riki.
* Your parent's new TV DOES look pretty freaking sweet. Now if your dad could just man up and do his research on his own... :-)
* Yes, the jersey didn't fit and you looked like a bunch of old men out there, but I was SOOOOO proud of you when you blocked that ball from going in the goal. I was like, "Yeah, I sleep with him!"
* IKEA is the best store EVER!
* Gary is a funny guy anyway, but drunk Gary singing karaoke almost made me lose it. I liked that Brandon and Nate were cheering me on while I played drums while you guys played poker. It was like I had my own groupies for 45 minutes or so.
* I don't like setting up (and I HATE tearing down) for Christmas, but it's a necessary evil and I DO so love the house in Christmas mode.

* And I love you.

Anonymous said...

I was watching the Steelers last night so no blogging for a couple of hours. By the time the game ended it was bed time (11:30pm). It's 6:10am now.

You have been busy taking part in the holiday experience. Thanksgiving, shopping, soccer, poker, TV advice giving and jealousy, and Rock Band. I have not done that much in 3 weeks.

Tara said...

I won't start counting down till Christmas until December 1st. I used to love opening those advent calendars when I was younger.

Churlita said...

I am so jealous of your Rock Band. I just can't afford it right now.

laura b. said...

Sounds like a busy, but fun weekend. You and Miss Sassy Pants are so cute!

Michelle said...

Happy late Thanksgiving! I love Christmas! I just put up my tree...and now I'm sending you and the wifey some virtual Christmas cookies!