Monday, April 07, 2008

The 5 Things That Pissed Me Off Last Week #15

I was pretty angry last week, and yet, I still think I had a pretty good week. Go figure!

#5 - Last week I was able to blog a total of ONE time, a pretty short one at that. Additionally, I didn't get to visit any other blogs. For a few days last week, I looked my blogging for the year and thought that it might be time to shut the blog down. It has been going strong for three years. In the end though, I couldn't pull the trigger and I am back blogging.

#4 - Friday morning, I woke up with a really sore back. I could barely move. Thankfully, I was able to walk it off by midday.

#3 - Sunday morning, Manchester had the opportunity to put a good foothold on their lead in the Premiership. Instead, they ended up tying 2-2 to a bad team. Now, they only have a three point lead with a small amount of games left. This includes a big game against Arsenal on Sunday. It is going to go down to the wire...

#2 - Insurance companies suck! In case you don't know what I do, I own a medical billing business. I bill insurance companies. But almost daily, I have to get on the phone with an insurance company and fix something they screwed up or neglected to tell me. They look for any reason to deny a claim. Medicare, who I am convinced is the Devil, is the absolute worst out of all of them. They are absolute bastards! A couple of months ago, they denied tons of claims I sent in because they out of the blue instituted a new policy(which I found out was only made known on their web site) which required the therapist's 9 digit zip code instead of the normal 5 digit zip code. Again, the only way I would have found this out is if I had read it on their web site. Horrible...

#1 - Directv is killing me lately. I have been a customer for years and years, but over the last 2 months, they have been driving me mad. They keep screwing up my bill, forgetting to tell me things, promising things that never happen, etc, etc. I have spent so many hours on the phone correcting things they have messed up on and I am done with it. Sure, they keep compensating me with credits and free stuff, but I just want to not have to call them anymore. I am sick of it. Stop wasting my time!

10 comments:

Mom said...

Good things to be pissed about but all in all not a bad week. Glad to know you won't quit blogging. I don't always have time but I rely on you being there when I can get on. Sometimes I just don't have anything to say back or I feel if I'm catching up, that it's too late. I love your blogs! Just do it when you can - no pressure.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

All good reasons to piss you off.. Hope this week is better for you.. Please don't stop blogging.. we all get frustrated.. all your loyal fans would miss you...

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your new posts and check every day. You have a great blog. Better than some others I've seen. Keep up the good work.
We've had expensive cable for years and only had one long outage for which we were compensated when I called. I hate being on the phone solving problems. You are right, insurance is evil. Started out as a good thing and got greedy.
Hugs and smiles.

Jose said...

Comes June will be my second blog anniversary, I still enjoy doing it because it's still mainly done for my family. This gives them an opportunity to see and or read what's going on in my life. I have no clue as to how much longer I will continue to do it. It's still fun to me.

HappyFlapjacks said...

5. I hear ya...I've only been at it for a few months and already I'm annoyed by how infrequently I'm posting.....

4. I hate that.....woke up with a sore ear the other day. A sore ear. How lame is that?

3. Whenever I'm over seas now, I watch soccer with a new enthusiasm. Esp if MU is on.

2. At least it's not my fault this time.

1. Every cable/Satellite provieder is evil. Its in their genetic makeup. They carge me extra for something I could easily get for free over the air (local HD). Communists.

Tara said...

Our school's headquarters likes to keep messing with paperwork they want us to give to students. We'll be working with what we think to be the latest edition of paperwork, and then find out they have created a newer version without any difference in changes. Just the date down at the bottom, but they'll get us if we don't use that version.

Churlita said...

I used to work at the business office of a very large hospital. We used to catch insurance companies lying all the time. They would tell us one thing and the patient another. Then we'd put them on a conference call with the patient (unbeknownst to the company) and it was awesome to listen to them squirm.

laura b. said...

Sounds like you have plenty of legitimate reasons to be pissed off. I can't even imagine how frustrating your line of work must be a good deal of the time!

And I'm glad you decided to keep blogging.

Anonymous said...

I was pissed at my blog last week because it was down for two days...I am back though.

I was sick last week for the same two days my blog was.

The Indians have stunk out on the west coast so far and I am irked.

Yes, insurance companies suck

I am glad I never went with direct TV. I have heard more bad than good of late.

Anonymous said...

Actually, insurance companies have to go by strict rules to prevent identity fraud/abuse. Everthing on the claim has to match and be "current".

I can't tell you how many times I've had to send back a claim because of mistyped info. We can honestly get in big trouble over silly seeming little errors or omissions.

Besides, insurance companies are still better than the government to provide health care.

Unless you'd like to automatically lose 50% of your income.