Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Top 5 Tuesday #19

Soon, it will be one my favorite times of the year - Summer movie season!!! I would say that the Summer movie season officially kicks off this weekend so it is time for my Summer movie preview. I'll start by listing what I think will be the main money getters this Summer and then do my top 5 anticipated ones for me. First, the list of big movies this Summer(These are not all movies I want to see, just a list of everything I think will make some dough).

Iron Man - May 2
Speed Racer - May 9
What Happens in Vegas - May 9
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - May 16th
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - May 22
Sex and the City - May 30
The Strangers - May 30
Kung Fu Panda - June 6
You Don't Mess with the Zohan - June 6
The Incredible Hulk - June 13
The Happening - June 13
Get Smart - June 20
The Love Guru - June 20
Wall E - June 27
Wanted - June 27
Hancock - July 2
Hellboy II - July 11
The Dark Knight - July 18
Mamma Mia - July 18
X Files 2 - July 25
Step Brothers - July 25
The Mummy 3 - August 1
Pineapple Express - August 8
Tropic Thunder - August 15


Quite a list and certainly, some of these will end up bombing at the box office for one reason or another. So which of these 5 am I most anticipating?

Honorable Mention - Tropic Thunder - This sounds like a pretty funny movie. A bunch of well known actors are recruited to make the most expensive war movie ever made. Once they get to the jungle, the become involved in some war and have ot become soldiers themselves. Starring Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Matthew McConaughey, and Robert Downey, this sounds like it will be fun. The main villain in the film is being kept under wraps and is said that his whole role will be uncredited, but rumors are that his name rhymes with Bomb Bruise.




#5 - The Mummy 3 - It has been a while since the last Mummy movie with Brendan Fraser and it may be too late to bring in the people who liked the other 2, but I liked the other 2 enough to want to go see this movie. The other 2 were just fun adventure movies in the Indiana Jones style so I hope this movie doesn't become a letdown. No trailer yet...




#4 - The Happening - The next M. Night Shymalan movie. Truthfully, I don't know what it is even about yet, but I go watch all his movies and have liked every one so far. That sells it for me.






#3 - Iron Man - I am a big comic guy so this already has me in the seat. But the way Robert Downey Jr. seems to totally nail down the character of Tony Stark is what has me excited. Hopefully, it has a good story to go along with the cool effects.




#2 - Hancock - Will Smith blockbuster released in the Summer. Sounds like a winner to me! The first time I saw the trailer I cracked up and I have been excited for this movie ever since. It looks like it will be really funny!




#1 - Indiana Jones - This is an absolute no brainer. This movie release anticipation ranks right up there with the release of Episode 1 in '99. This is Indiana freakin' Jones! How can you NOT be excited about this?!?! Hopefully, this does not disappoint because I am going in with REALLY high hopes.




What on this list above are you going to see? Any movies you don't recognize you want to know what they are about? Talk to me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am most excited about the new Indiana Jones movie. I have taken the 22nd off from work. Will buy tickets in advance and be there early so we can get the best seats. I might cry when I see Indie for the first time. I've been tearing up just from the trailers.
I am also interested in the X Files movie. I was a big fan of the series and the movie was good. The Mummy movie might be good and we'll probably go see that too. I love good movies. I hope most of the others are good enough that we can see them on DVD.

laura b. said...

Everyone will probably make fun of me, but I really want to see Mamma Mia.

Anonymous said...

The only one I have any desire to see is Indiana Jones. I have been looking forward to this one for quite some time.

Speed Racer does not look very good to me...I liked the old cartoon way too much anyway.

Churlita said...

There are a lot of those I want to see. The girls and I usually go to a Summer blockbuster on my birthday, but we'll see how many we just wait to come out on DVD.