Monday, April 21, 2008

A Great Weekend

I had a great weekend and I feel pretty rejuvenated for the upcoming week. Yes, that means plenty of posts hopefully this coming week. The week started off great with news that Jessica got a new job. As some of you know, but most of you don't, she is/was a nurse working in a ob/gyn office. She liked it, but there were a lot problems. One of the main problems was that it was an office made up entirely of women and that just lead to too much drama. There was one nurse in particular who ALWAYS was a source of headaches as she was always looking to start a fight and got bitchy over the smallest things. Plus, she was lazy as hell and complained when she had to do any work what so ever. Secondly, there is a new doctor there that just seemed to have it out for her - looking over everything Jessica did just to find a mistake and pulling the "I'm a doctor and she should always do what I say no matter what," card. Third, since leaving the hospital setting to go to this job where she was basically just doing education and not doing hands on experience that she loved, she has been somewhat bored. So, for the past few weeks, she has been working one day a week at a pain clinic and last week, they asked her if she would work full time. Friday, they did an informal interview over the phone and like that, she is gone. She gave her one week notice on Friday afternoon. She is so happy and I am delighted for her to get out of that drama zone. It all works out to because since it is the same company, everything transfers over and the only thing different is where she goes now. She is excited because she feels like she is a real nurse again. Exciting stuff!

Saturday started out stressful as Manchester was down the entire game in their league game only to pull out a tie with a couple of minutes left. They should have won, but I will take a tie and now they are up 3 points with 3 games to play. The team right below them awaits them next weekend so they could wrap up the league if they win. They also have their big Champions League game on Wednesday - you know, the tournament I now have a bet on that is up to $75. Big game!

Saturday night, I won my first poker tournament of the year. I haven't been too happy with the way I have been playing and made a conscious effort to change my style of play. Well, it worked. To not only play well, but win after I made some changes felt good.

I have a pretty busy week as I am covering for my parter while she is on vacation for a week, but I get to do it from home which is nice. As it is fairly slow for me at the moment with my work, I should be able to get a lot of stuff done. I need to start with this new laptop and installing my old programs on it. I have yet to install the camera's programs on it so that is why haven't posted any pictures in a couple of weeks. Hopefully, I can participate in this week's scavenger hunt. I have been way behind in those. Have a good week everybody.

11 comments:

Churlita said...

i used to work in an ob/gun clinic. i loved the work, but I know exactly what kind of drama you're talking about. i'm so glad jessica got out.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good weekend. Also, congrats to Jess for getting a new, more interesting job. Good for her! Is the pain clinic just for general pain. Is she out of OB/GYN completely? Whatever makes her happy. If you have to work, you should try to do something you like.
Good for you and winning at poker again.
Have a great week.
Hugs and smiles.

laura b. said...

Lots of great news! Congrats to Jessica on the new job and to you for your futbol tie and poker win!

Anonymous said...

New jobs rule. I have liked mine so much I have not posted a thing about it--silence is golden.

You are the gamblin' dude with these bets and poker games. Good luck with the Man-U thing. I actually saw that score the other night and thought about your bet.

AlienCG said...

Congratulations to Jessica on her new job. Congratulations to you on winning your first poker tournament this year. Good luck, I hope Manchester wins to get you that $75.

Tara said...

Congratulations to Jessica! I hope her new job isn't as dramatic as the one she had before. Ohhhh, office politics. They are intriguing in a bang-your-head-against-the-wall kind of way.

Jose said...

Wow, this is what I call a nice healthy post. lol Hadn't read one of those in a while, but I understand that sometimes one need to step away to recharge. Glad to read that thing are going good for the two of you.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

congrats to jessica.. And for your team tying.. and I hope you win the $75 bucks...

PurpleOceanMoon said...

I'm so happy for you Jess! Working with all girls has got to suck. Too bitchy. :P

Churlita said...

I met ob/gyn clinic. An ob/gun clinic would be pretty scary with all those hormones and bullets flying around.

MrManuel said...

Churlita - Guns can cause some drama!

Nani - It is pain in general

Laura - Thank you!

Evil - yeah, I bring it up enough!

Alien - Yeah, you and me both!

Tara - No intrigue there, just bad bitchiness

Jose - Yeah, I am not big on long posts

Hairy woman - Me too!

Churlita - I knew what you meant! LOL