Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Manuel on Movies #4

Haven't seen much in the last month. Been fairly busy and I kept forgetting to send back my movies to Netflix. So, here is what you get...


Rambo - I bought this on Bluray on a blind buy simply because I owned the other ones and I loved them. This was a kick ass movie. It didn't have the great storyline like First Blood and was more like the sequels, but it kicked my ass. This movie is just pure balls to wall action. It was as if Stallone said, I am just going to make an action movie, thrown in a little bit of story, but make it as violent as the ratings board will allow. Seriously, this is easily one of the most violent movies I have ever seen. Heads are blown off, arms chopped off, babies thrown in fires(!), etc. This was a throw back to the great one man army movies of the 80s. You know the ones - short on story, heavy on blowing shit up. If that appeals to you, rent this movie!!! 8 out of 10














I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry - Finally got around to seeing this comedy from last year from Adam Sandler. It was cute. Nowhere near Sandler's greatest, but it kept my attention and had some amusing parts. Easily the highlight though is Jessica Biel in her bra and panties. Yowza!!! 6.5 out of 10.



















The Reaping - This movie is about a woman who goes to a small town to investigate because they are experiencing the 10 plagues of Egypt. The town starts to believe that it is the cause of a little girl, while Hilary Swank, playing a skeptic, tries to prove the town otherwise. There are some cool and creepy special effects in the movie, but truthfully, the movie wasn't that good. I was disappointed because I was actually looking forward to it, but it was actually kind of dull. Oh well... 5 out of 10




















I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer - I kid you not, they made this movie. This is a direct to video sequel to the Jennifer Love Hewitt "I know what you did" movies. Those were decent. This movie was a pretty bad movie, made bad by a bad script and even worse acting. 3 out of 10























Now, something different. I haven't seen this movie, but I REALLY want to see it. It just came out in limited release so I am assuming I will have to wait until it comes out on DVD. I love documentaries. Throw in soccer and it has to be good! Looks very touching...




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like action flicks where not much thinking and just watching is involved. I have had Rambo on my list.

No gay stuff with Adam Sandler..thank you.

I heard the reaping was pretty pedestrian and pretty blah...you are the fourth person to note this.

How about I don't care what they did last summer anymore....

Churlita said...

I love documentaries too so the soccer film looks kind of interesting.

Anonymous said...

We rented Rambo and went to buy it the next day! Very good. Lots of action and John Rambo kicks ass! Loved the scene when the minister....well, people haven't seen it so I won't ruin it.
I liked Chuck and Larry. I had forgotten all about it until I saw it on your list.

Jose said...

Looking forward to watching Rambo. I have never been a big Sandler fan so I'll leave Chuck and Larry for a day that I really don't have nothing else to watch.

My wife is working for the cable company and right now we are testing movies on demand. So all weekend we have been watching movies for free. I think we'll have it for a week or two so I'll try to put a big dent on the movie list.

Mom said...

The documentary looks like a good one. Let me know when it's out so I can watch it too.

Tara said...

It's nice when a movie bought via blind purchase turns out to be worthwhile.

That's disappointing to me about "The Reaping" too. Sounded interesting.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Got to say I love action and horror/thrillers.. Rambo was pretty good.. I just saw Hulk 2 and I have to say it was pretty good.. As good as the first one.. Even with Ed Norton as Bruce..

you have a great selection there..