Sunday, January 04, 2009

A little bit of this...

I apologize ahead of time as this might be all over the place...

I hope you enjoyed the videos from the last post of the New Years party. I thought there was another video of Jessica and Kelly #2 sitting next to each other during King's Cup, both unable to talk because of a rule, but apparently, I pointed the camera at them and taunted them, but never actually pressed record. Figures...

Tomorrow I get back on my diet/exercise plan that I have been doing with the Wii Fit since June. I haven't really been on any kind of plan the last few weeks and although I know I could just blame it on the holidays.........aw, hell, I am just going to blame it on the holidays. Yeah, yeah, I know if I just had will power, I could have spent the last few weeks eating no treats at all while everyone else ate poorly, but what is the fun in that? I actually have no problem getting back on the horse. The only problem is, my Wii Fit pad is starting to crack. I am curious what it will do when I step on it tomorrow. I need to get a hold of Nintendo to see if they have any kind of warranty, but then again, I have no receipt or anything. We shall see.....

I have a couple of doctor appointments coming up. I think this week is my first physical therapy appointment for my back. I have been having a bunch of lower back problems lately and sometimes, if often kills me to stand after sitting, leaning over, get up in the morning, etc. I mentioned it to my doctor at my physical and she thought it was because of my weight. I told her I have never had back problems and it didn't really manifest until I started losing this weight I have been losing. If I didn't have back problems 17 pounds (well, less now but will get back there) ago, why do I have them now that I have lost that weight? Her response - I think it is your weight. Well, I'll see how therapy goes. Is it BECAUSE of working out? Well, I could see if I was lifting weights or something, but the Wii Fit is pretty low impact. Who knows...

I also have my appointment with with the neurologist next week(?) for my headaches. Since early December when they were almost every day and intense every time, they have gone down in frequency and pain. However, I am still occasionally getting them and the fact that 99% of these headaches are in the same exact spot warrants a check up I think. My doctor asked if I was having depression and even asked the same question to Jess at her physical last week about me, but I don't believe I am. I don't know if Manuel is capable of depression, even in the worst of times. Am I? Angry, pissed, sad? Yes. Depressed? No, I don't think so...

I have another batch of movie reviews coming up this week as well as a few weeks old article I read in the paper that I just haven't had a chance to address, but will soon. Also, as it is 2009, it will be time to start posting pictures of burgers and ice cream. Yes, today is only the 4th, but pictures have already been taken. Next post on Tuesday...

8 comments:

Jose said...

Hope all goes well at the doctor's. Man I have to get me a gym membership or I'll never get back in shape. I do have a shape right now... round.

Anonymous said...

So there is no actual "proof" of my quiet time...? Very interesting! :D

Anonymous said...

Burgers and ice cream already. You are well on your way.
Good luck with the doctor appointments. Hope all is well. Hugs.

Tara said...

I blame the holidays on my lack of discipline. I mean really - Christmas cookies or celery sticks? Hmm, such a dilemma. I choose cookies.

I hope the doctor can give you a solution for your headaches. I used to get headaches all the time when I was in school. Throbbing right over one eye. Now I hardly get them anymore. Last night was different, but I think I was staring at the computer for too long.

Churlita said...

I've been getting back into being better too.

Your headaches could be migraines if they happen in the same spot and last for days.

laura b. said...

Good for you for keeping on top of your health. Everyone should be so prudent. Hope everything goes well.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I love you!

Mom said...

No, I love you!