Thursday, January 29, 2009

Way behind

This posting once a week thing sucks. I haven't been uninspired to write. Hardly. It has been pure laziness. Even when I KNOW I could sit down and write stuff, I am not. Gotta get better at that. In fact, since my wife enjoys it so much when I blog(she is such a sweetheart and tells me that all the time), I am going to blog every day for her birthday month. So, in February, much like I did last May for my birthday, I am going to have a post every day.

I took the MRI of my head on Tuesday and thankfully, everything came back ok. I wish that was the end of the story. If you remember correctly, I was also supposed to have an ultrasound on my neck. So what happened? Well, to put it in short terms, they forgot to schedule it. When they called and told me the appointment time for my MRI, I asked if it was for the ultrasound also. They assured me it was. I felt it was weird that I got an auth letter from my insurance and that too only had the MRI,. but since I ASKED, I trusted them. Well, I get to the imaging place and tell me about my MRI and I ask about the ultrasound. They know nothing about it and I call the doctor's right away. Long story short, they DID forget to schedule it. The apologized, but the next day when I finally was able to get a hold of someone who could tell me that yes, they dropped the ball. But on Tuesday afternoon, I was PISSED. I had been waiting and waiting and although one test was clear, to have to wait longer for the other was unacceptable. But, because I was pissed and they were in the wrong, they did a rush on my auth and getting the appointment so, tomorrow afternoon, I have my test.

Other than that, not a whole lot is going on. So, let's end it with my favorite part: 2 new videos of my dogs...





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're glad to hear that your MRI was okay, and here's hoping the same can be said for your ultrasound. Glad they admitted it was their mistake, not that that excuses it. We'll have our fingers tightly crossed while the test is happening.

I (Sal) love to write, but I'm the same exact way. Half the time I'm checking my e-mail, watching TV, or some other frivolous activity when I could be working on a screenplay. Oh well, I guess you can only go at your own pace.

Thanks for sharing the videos!

Sal and Katie

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Thanks for the honorary birthday month blogging! I DO very much enjoy when you post and look forward to it. I'm happy to have a post-a-day to look forward to!

Hopefully it helps to have a wife who is a nurse in the clinic in which your mishap happened. I told the supervisor and I think the dumbass who messed up will at least get a talking to (and hopefully a scrutinous eye to work under for a while.)

I am VERY much in love with our dogs. They are SO freaking cute.

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should blog for a month straight. Of course, I am uninspired for the most part. Although, today's events did inspire me a bit.

I am glad to hear that your head is OK (medically, that is). Keep us posted on the ultrasound.

Anonymous said...

So glad the MRI came out OK. I'm sure the ultrasound will be OK too. Migraines are tricky things. Usually triggered by allergies or stress.
Thanks for the new video of your doggies. So relieved to see Orko so happy and animated.
See you tomorrow! Hugs

Churlita said...

Good to hear that your head is okay. too bad about the scheduling mishap. It sucks that you have to take even more time off work to get to the clinic and back.

laura b. said...

When I was reading your post my first thought, after the good MRI, followed by the BUT for the ultrasound, was that something was wrong. Reading it didn't get scheduled was a relief! Not for you, I know. Very inconvenient.
But I am glad everything is good so far and I look forward to your post-a-day February!

Mom said...

definitely looking forward to the post-a-day. Glad the MRI was good and let's keep good thoughts for the ultrasound too. Like the docs are doing - just precautionary - but it still makes you think.

I have the best granddogs ever!