Sunday, February 01, 2009

What a way to start

So, today begins my plan of blogging every day in February in honor of my wife. I wish this one wasn't so "crappy."

Jess and I are unexpectedly in the Bay Area this weekend after her mom was admitted to the hospital again. Again, this is her mom, not her stepmom. She looks like she is going to be fine and we did it mostly to take care of her stepdad who is pretty immobile with a broken ankle. To be a nice son in law, I mowed the lawn for them. But do this, I first had to pick up the dog poops.

Let me preface this by saying I have it pretty easy with my dogs. There is no grass so they poop on the cement. In fact, even when we did have grass back there, they would poop mostly on the cement. So, I just wait until it hardens a little and I just sweep them all up. Pretty easy work if you ask me.

Well, here, they have grass and it was long. Not able to use my patented sweeping method, I used a shovel and a rake. Well, on one particular excrement, the rake got tied up in the long grass. I pulled and pulled on the rake which had some, well, pretty loose stool on it. With one big tug, I freed the rake from the grasp of the devil grass. But in doing so, the rake flung in my direction..........and flung some of the runny poop on my face. Right away I stopped and said, "Please tell me I imagined that." Sure enough, I touched my forhead and there it was, smeared poop on it. Yes, my month is off to a pretty shitty start.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh. Bet that left a mark.

You know, every time I visit or you post a video of your dogs I think, "I wish we had a dog or two." Then you post something like this and remind me of the downside.

We're glad Jess' mom is going to be okay!

-Sal and Katie

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Is it wrong that I laughed so hard I nearly peed my pants?

Mom said...

GOD does have a sense of humor, doesn't he!!! Oh my poor son. I know this is your all time worst chore. But even though your February started off pretty "shitty" you gave your dad and I a really good laugh.

Jose said...

Yuck, thanks for reminding me of one more reason why I don't have pets. But I applaud you for being a great son in law. You are too cool.

Anonymous said...

Ew. But funny.

I think I might have had that happen to me a time or two, when I lived with my folks and took care of the family dogs.

Anonymous said...

EEWWW! YUCK! Poor you. You are a very nice son-in-law to take it on the chin er, the forehead like that. Watching the Puppy Bowl yesterday before the Super Bowl, Uncle Skip and I oohh and aahhd all the cute puppies. We won't be getting one though. No one likes to pick up the poopies. :-)
I am looking forward to the post a day.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I needed a good laugh to start off February, lord knows January was a waste.

I hope you scrubbed your face off with some strong stuff. I hope the rest of the month is this good.

laura b. said...

There is nowhere to go now but up, right?
I hope Jess' mom is home soon.