Wednesday, February 11, 2009

WHAT THE FUCK?!?

I am SO fucking done with this whole situation. Today, I woke up, and through postive thinking, allowed myself to have a good day and not try to dwell on things. My CT was scheduled, I would find out soon (maybe), and then we would go from there. That lasted maybe until 3pm.


I got a call a little bit ago from the place doing my CT, confirming my appointment. When I confirmed the location with them, the place I was told by that fucking MA from Neuro, they told me that was incorrect and it was in a completely different location. So, I asked Jess to look up in the computer (same company, albeit, a different location). All she showed was that the MA told me the location which was in fact wrong. But here is what else she found new in my chart. There was a note from the doctor to his MA that the next time a test result comes back that is urgent or critical, he would like to be paged right away. So, the report DID come back right away and the fucking bitch stalled on getting it to him. She saw it was urgent and instead, just set it on his desk for whenever he got a chance to look at it with the rest of the NON URGENT stuff. It was supposed to be brought to his attention right away and it didn't. PLUS, there is more.

As a back story again, Jess can look up everything in my notes from her computer at work. However, it is illegal. So, yesterday, Jess asked him why were not contacted right away if they saw this tear in my artery? He said that it was because the note only said it was a low suspicion and they are only doing the test for a precaution. Well, guess what, that is a lie. Jess has seen the report. I have seen the report as she forwarded it to me. NOWHERE, does it say low suspicion. It says, clear as day, we SAW this. Why would he fucking lie to her? AND, by him writing in my notes, "Next time something urgent like this comes along..." shows me it was NOT a low suspicion. It was FUCKING URGENT and he flat out lied to Jessica. Now, the bad thing is, Jessica can not call him on this because she did find out by doing something illegal. All I can do is sit and stew on it. I did call and leave a message with the Patient Advocate who Jess reported everything (except the illegal stuff) to yesterday. I called and told her to add telling me the completely wrong place for my CT to the pile of things. I am not going to stop until this bitch gets a suspension or something along those lines. If nothing happens to her, I WILL go in and let her verbally have it. I don't fucking care. I am at my breaking point. I have a huge headache now, I am angry, and I am done.

8 comments:

Mom said...

Oh honey - I'm so sorry you are having to go through this stress on top of all your other stress. Long story short - you have your appointment on Thursday?

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Tomorrow at 1245 is the CT scan.

And announcing to the world that I occasionally access your chart (because I 100% completely do NOT trust the Neuro department at this point) is probably not cool...

And yes, you have been screwed over a million ways by that department and that MA in particular. But don't worry - we're not going to have to deal with them much longer. A) nothing will be wrong and we'll be done or B) something will be wrong but we're not letting a BRAIN doctor deal with your VASCULAR problem. Either way, we'll be out from their shitty hold soon...

Anonymous said...

Jeez. What's with this MA? She's completely incompetent and shouldn't be employed in a capacity wherein people's health and indeed their lives depend on her. Suspension is too good; she should be out on her ass. As for the doctor - sucks you can't call him on his lie.

You've got an enormous support system, and you're not going through this alone. Know that everyone is pulling for you, and praying that you'll be given a clean bill of health.

-Sal and Katie

Jose said...

Somehow I feel your pain bro.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a mess! Incompetent medical assistant, lying doctor. The doctor probably has to lie to cover the clinic's ass. He did reprimand the MA, kind of. Try to calm down. You'll blow a gasket and that is exactly what you are trying to avoid. I hope you get results quickly after the CT scan. Let us know. We love you. Hugs.

laura b. said...

You are lucky that you have access to your information...I don't care how you got it...EVERYONE should be able to get their information like that, really.

The doctor who lied was covering his own ass, and the MA is just plain incompetent. We count on our health care providers so deeply and things like this make that prospect extremely frightening.

Churlita said...

At my hospital, we can order copies of our charts. Can't you do that there? That way you can have documentation in case you need it.

I'm sure that doc was just worried about being sued (which he should) and that's why he lied.

Unknown said...

I know it sucks, but Jess needs to be careful. The hospital my mom and step-mom work for had an issue last year with employees access patient files which they had no reason looking at. Several were written up and at least one was fired. They know what you access on the hospital's system.

Please be careful!