Sunday, February 08, 2009

Burgers and Ice Cream

It has been a couple weeks since we did a burger and ice cream update so that is what this whole post will be dedicated to. I know, exciting stuff! Everyone checking their score cards?!? We were at 5 burgers for me and 3 ice cream treats for Jess at the last update so here we go. Again, sorry for the yucky camera phone pics.

We start with a Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger for me from Carl's Jr(Or Hardee's for some of you). I worked at Carl's Jr. for a little bit in my teens and you know what, I still can eat there any day, any time. I know most people who work at a fast food restaurant say they could never eat there after. Not me...





Next is the Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger from Jack n the Box that I picked up on the way to go to Jessica's mom's house last weekend.


Finally, yesterday, we went to my Aunt and Uncle's house because they wanted to cook the turkey burgers that they make. It was a fun time and the food was delicious. I think they enoyed contributing to the the contest. To make her more of a part of it, I had 2!

This brings my total to 9 burgers!


Now on to Jess. Her first ice cream treat from this period was a mint Oreo shake when we went to Carl's Jr. As ice cream is in it, it counts...


Next, when we went to her mom's last weekend, she had a bowl of ice cream as they always have like 50 million types of ice cream in the house.

This past week, I think Wednesday maybe, Jess was having a bad day at work so I surprised her when she got home with a Heath Bar Blizzard that I went out and got. She was so happy!

On Friday night, Jess and I went out to Outback to use a gift certificate we got for Christmas from some friends of ours. The food was great, including this great dessert. It was whip cream with cinnamon croutons, vanilla ice cream with nuts and caramel and caramel apples around it. It was AWESOME!
Finally, when we went to my Aunt and Uncle's house yesterday, they also got Jess some ice cream so I wasn't the only one who added to my total. How nice of them!

Now Jess is at 8 ice cream treats! It is pretty close! Have a good week everyone!

8 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Mmmm... ice cream!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! We've been anxiously awaiting another update! Everything looks delicious!

-Sal and Katie

Jose said...

I'll trade hamburgers for tacos but I so love ice cream. Ummm yummy!

Anonymous said...

It was so much fun Saturday! We'll have to plan another Hamburger and Ice Cream day. Hugs.

Churlita said...

Yum! your posts make me so hungry.

My daughter and i went to DQ for mocha Moo Lattes and I thought of Jess.

laura b. said...

Oooohhh, your burger and ice cream posts always make me drool. TMI? haha! I don't eat many burgers (although I love them), but I do eat way too much ice cream.
Keep on eating, you two! My guesses were pretty high :-)

Mom said...

How fun that we get to see what you eat!!!

dmarks said...

What's the deal with Carl Jr and Hardees? Why can't they just call it one thing?

Thankfully, I've never seen a Carl Jr's. That helps the confusion. Unthankfully, it is hard to find a Hardee's, because I like those.