Saturday, January 24, 2009

Well I'll be....MORE updates!!!

This blog is turning into update central. I wish I could go back to more light hearted stuff on this blog, but with everything going on in our lives and how busy we have been, that is what it is turning in to.

Anyways, Fran, Jessica's stepmom, got the results of her CT scan and they were mixed. After 9 weeks of chemo, some tumors are bigger, some are smaller, and some are the same. So, since they weren't the worst results we could have gotten, she has decided to do another 9 weeks of chemo and see how it goes. It shows us she isn't ready to give up yet...

I have my MRI and Doppler test on Tuesday afternoon. My headaches are starting to lessen, but it is good to make sure nothing is wrong. I have also been going to physical therapy for my back. I think it could POSSIBLY be getting better...

Other than that though, not a whole lot going on so I thought it would be a good opportunity to update the hamburger and ice cream status. Sorry for the poor pictures; cell phone pics don't always come out the best.

This first one is an In 'n Out burger. Awesome...






The next one is a burger from Burger King. I always get the chicken sandwich so I decided to branch out...

The last one is from a VERY nice restaurant here in town that has quickly become our favorite - Crush 29. It is a great place that specializes in wine and the food that accompanies it. Both times I have gone, I have got the salmon baked in Rice Krispies, but I decided to venture out this time and the only thing that was sounding good was the burger. It was wonderful despite not being SUPER fresh as we took it takeout since Fran didn't feel like eating anywhere but home.




Jess also had some ice cream to add to her totals. The other day I made dinner for her and to top it off, I bought an ice cream sandwich.








We had some family in town from New York for Fran's party and we took them to get their first Dairy Queen Blizzard...






So, that makes 5 burgers for me, 3 ice cream treats for Jess.....

Finally, I just killed my drum set in Rock Band. Playing Hard and Expert levels on drums, your drums take a beating and I guess they couldn't take it anymore. Here is the aftermath. I guess it time to buy a new drum set...





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates - not just on Fran and your headaches, but also on the burger and ice cream tally. Given all that's been going on we're glad you're able to show us what you've been eating. We're really looking forward to trying Crush 29!

Glad to hear your headaches aren't as bad, but we hope the tests confirm that all is well.

-Sal and Katie

Miss Sassy Pants said...

My ice creams have been tasty. Looking at the picture of the Blizzard makes me want one now.

That thing with the drum set made me LAUGH when it happened. Your face was classic.

Jose said...

Darn, you are still a long way from 250+ Where did I dig that number from. lol

Oh by the way, updates are good.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates.
I'm so bummed that we couldn't add to the burger and ice cream totals as I am still pretty sick with that yucky cold. We'll reschedule soon.
Hoping all goes well with your tests on Tuesday. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I don't even remember my guess for the hamburger/ice cream guessing game. Good to hear the CT scan wasn't bad news and that she is not giving in.

Sorry to hear about the drum set. You shouldn't be that rough with it.

Churlita said...

The news from your mother-in-law sound a little mixed. I hope it all goes well.

Maybe your headaches are just back related and will get better as your back does. That would be great.

Sorry about your drums. I better be careful with mine.

laura b. said...

Thanks for all the updates. Tell Fran (is it okay for me to call her that?) that all these bloggers out here are rooting for her!

Way to kill those drums, MrManuel...and keep on eating those delicious looking burgers and ice cream treats, you two!

Mom said...

Here it is Tuesday and I'm just getting to your Blog now. Thanks for all the updates, although I did know most of them. I didn't know that an ice cream sandwich or some other time of ice cream novelty would count so I might have to rethink that count for her. hmmmm! Last night I was just thinking about your tests coming up. So I'm sorry they forgot to schedule one of them. Don't forget to share the results with your mom when you get them. Papi and I are going to have to try Crush 29 with you guys. Keep us in mind next time you want to go.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Thanks for keeping updated on Fran.. I really hope that Chemo works for her..

As for the burgers and Ice Cream.. Jess I think you need to step it up a notch..lol..The burgers look yummy and so does that ice cream..