Tuesday, November 17, 2009

And I'm BACK!

Well, I said no pictures until Sunday night or maybe even Monday and here it is Tuesday. The trip to Oregon was great! Five of us drove up together for the wedding of a friend I have known since 7th grade. He is actually a twin. Although his brother stayed here in town and I see all the time still, Jeremiah moved away years ago now. It was so good to see him and we had a great time. The 9 hour drive up there was made that much better because Yvette created an unscramble and scavenger hunt game. And it was a LONG list. None of us even finished, even when taking the trip home into account. Why? No friggin' pigs on the side of the road anywhere!! Still, it was a TON of fun and kept us entertained.

Friday night was a rehearsal dinner and a bachelor party. As Jess and Yvette were the only females that made the drive, we even allowed them to go to the bachelor party as well. I know they had a great time, but really, who doesn't have fun at a strip club?!?! :-)

Saturday was great because I got to meet some of my OTD buddies for the first time for breakfast. We had a lot of laughs! Saturday evening was the wedding and it was a wonderful time. The highlight of the trip had to be Saturday night after the wedding. 6 of us went back to the hotel and played a new board game we bought called Quelf. This has to be the most random game I have ever played and it also didn't hurt that we were all drinking. It has you do the most random things - speaking in accents, clothes worn inside out, snorting after any laugh, etc. It is really hard to describe, but watching people do embarrassing things whilst alcohol is involved makes for an uproariously funny time. I am just disappointed none of us thought to take any video. I highly recommend this game if you have a group of friends who like to play board games. GREAT party game!

Sunday we drove home, but we have had some family in town and I just haven't had a chance to upload anything. So, below is a link to my folder of pictures from the wedding with some great pics of mt. Shasta. After that are my pictures of the day for November 13th- November 17th. Enjoy!

Wedding Set


Sunrise over I-5
November 13, 2009 - Day 169


Yeah, I am now shooting models for Abercrombie and Fitch. In all seriousness, this is my friend Jason, but I thought the pose and color really looked straight out of some preppy/trendy clothes catalog.
November 14, 2009 - Day 170


Jess and I LOVE magnets from places around the world. Our fridge is covered in them and this is only a small part
November 15, 2009 - Day 171


Tostadas bar!
November 16, 2009 - Day 172


We were sitting in the living room when Orko came walking in with this leftover breakfast quesadilla in his mouth. That is what we get for leaving the garbage out so it could be thrown out. Bad boy!
November 17, 2009 - Day 173

8 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

It WAS a fun trip and that game... I can't wait to play that again! It was a nice wedding and nice to see Jeremiah again. I feel really lucky he included us, even though we hadn't seen him in a long time.

The sunrise picture is beautiful. Sometimes things are prettier in real life, but your photograph did it justice.

Jason is a handsome man, and your picture DOES look like a model's head shot, between him, his clothes, the background, the color and the angle. maybe you've found a side job?! :-)

Our magnets are cool. Sometimes I think about taking them down but when I think about the miles and money and thoughtfulness of others involved, I simply can't.

My tostadas kick ass. That's all I have to say about that.

I missed your blogging. It's nice to have you back.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

So much for trying to rely on my memory for the 5 pictures - I forgot my favorite! When Orko came around that corner, holding the quesadilla in his mouth, I could do nothing but laugh. He was so cute with it dangling from his mouth! And the way he just stood there while you took the picture, all the while hanging onto his find, was priceless. He's lucky he's cute, because otherwise digging food out of the garbage is grounds for punishment...

nani said...

Jason looks great. Orko steals the show! LOL!!! Cutie.

Jose said...

One of the great things about bloggin' is that you learn what other people do for fun. I must say that playing a scavanger hunt game while traveling sound awesome. The trip from Phoenix to L.A. is usually a boring one. Nothng thrilling about driving through a desert. You must share with me the rules of the hunt as perharps I can use it in our next trip.

Your sunset image does not look real. Those colors are way too vivid. Love the shot.

laura b. said...

You guys are so much fun :-) Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us and thanks for the amazing pictures!

Mom said...

Having seen the first pictures, I enjoyed the last three - especially Orko's pic. That picture surprised me so much. I believe it from Leia but not Orko. He is just too adorable. The sunrise picture is amazing. Beautiful caught on camera but it must have been awesome to see in real life. Jason's picture is so Jason. Good pic. The picture of the magnets is terrific and I want to know where I was when you did that wonderful tostada bar.

Thanks for the summary of your trip. That scavenger hunt does sound fun. Perfect for such a long drive.

I'm definitely glad you are back and with such wonderful things to share.

Sal said...

Glad you guys had a great trip, and gladder still to have your daily photos back. This is a terrific assortment of pictures and nicely demonstrates your versatility and skill level. You COULD be taking catalog photos. You COULD be taking professional-quality scenic shots (well, you are, just not usually for pay). I like this eclectic bunch of pictures, but the sunrise - whoa. Simply breathtaking.

And the shot of Orko with the quesadilla is the sort of photo I might see as part of a writing assignment wherein you look at a photo and have to come up with a story for it. Unbelievably cute.

Sebastien Millon said...

Haha, love the pictures. Never realized magnets could be so fun. And Orko, he is silly, but at least he knows what he wants :)