Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hell Freezes Over......

Well, this has been news for a couple of weeks now, but as I have been pretty M.I.A., I haven't got a chance to write about it yet. On November 25th, Hell officially freezes over. Why? On November 25th, something will happen that I never thought would happen. On November 25th, history will be made. On November 25th, finally, after so many years of waiting, Guns n Roses is releasing a new album.

Chinese Democracy has been in development as far back as I can remember. You have to go back to 1993 for the last Guns n Roses studio album, Spaghetti Incident, but as that was mostly cover songs, you really have to go back to 1991 for their last REAL album. Since then, pretty much everyone important has left the band except Axl Rose himself. Since then, I have heard numerous times that the album could be coming soon. I remember on my senior trip in Mexico, I picked up a music magazine that mentioned that the album was almost done and could come by the end of the year. That was in June.......of 1996.

I had pretty much given up all hope of ever seeing a new album from my favorite band of all time. In fact, Chinese Democracy and whether or not it would ever come out became a running joke in the music world. Dr. Pepper even got in on the joke earlier this year by promising a free can of Dr. Pepper to everyone in the US if Guns n Roses released the album by the end of 2008.

Well, it is happening. On November 25th, at Best Buys only as GnR signed an exclusive contract with Best Buy to release the album, a dream comes true. If they do a special midnight release, I will be there. And once I get that hot little album in my hand, I will listen to it over and over. Guns n Roses will be back and all that I will need is a concert to complete the circle. Well, that and the rest of the band coming back...

Oh yeah, and about that Dr. Pepper bet. From what I have heard, once the album comes out, you will be able to print a coupon for your free soda from the Dr. Pepper website. A bet is a bet...

9 comments:

Tara said...

Sounds like you're psyched for the release! I hope you get the very first copy.

Never was a huge fan of Guns-n-Roses, but I did like "Sweet Child o'Mine". Oh and their version of "Sympathy for the Devil" wasn't bad either.

laura b. said...

That's funny. I am going to be wanting my free DP. Also,I am going to have to hear some Chinese Democracy before I'm all in.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Well, I hope you're not disappointed in the album you've waited 17 years for. And I hope, if a tour comes, you're not devastated by them cancelling like you were the last 2 times you had tickets. And if you stand in line, I'll keep the bed warm for you...

I hope Axl still has it - unlike James Hetfield. I've been disappointed in the last 2 Metallica albums...

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

it sounds like hell did finally freeze over.. I too heard they were coming out with a new album..Back in the day they were a good band to listen to.. I even had a tape cassette of them.. Hope you get on the band wagon and get that album..

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. That is amazing news! Hugs.

Churlita said...

I heard that the album was leaked over the internet, but didn't get to hear it myself.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is... It's about freakin time! Hopefully Axl still has it... too bad the rest of the originals bailed for whatever reason.

Still, should be well worth the listen!

Mom said...

Hopefully it will be worthy the wait. Do you think they should wait to see how the CD sales go before even thinking about a concert? Hopefully it will be a good one! All I can say is "It's about damn time!"

Jose said...

"Hell freezes over" Ummmm, sorry the Eagles took that title already. lol