Friday, October 10, 2008

Washington DC Day 7

Well, this is it, our last day. It is sad because on most trips, people say they are sad to have the trip be done, but happy to go home. I, in fact, am nowhere near ready to go home. Hell, I don'[t even miss my bed as the one we have slept in has been just as wonderful as the one at home. Our service at the hotel has been top notch and impressive. The weather has been beautiful. Really, why would I want to go home other than the fact that I am physically exhausted at this point? I guess all good things come to an end.

Today was pretty much a wrap it all up kind of day. We got a pretty late start as last night was such a late night. We took our time this morning and didn't leave the hotel until late morning. This would be our last time on the DC Metro. For the most part, hell, maybe for the whole part, the metro system was incredibly easy to use and from day one, it never confused us. Here is a map they had on the subway cars that we came to memorize.






We headed back to Georgetown where we ate on the Potomoc River a couple of days ago. We walked around Georgetown which is an absolutely adorable college town. We would have liked to have walked around more. We ate at a little place called the Rugby Bar or something like that and I had an absolutely wonderful hamburger with some kind of fruity, spicy secret sauce. It was awesome and gave me ideas for future hamburgers at home.


From there, we went back down to the Potomoc and took a river boat cruise that took us down the Potomoc. It was beautiful and it was cool to see DC from the water. It was amazing how green everything was.







From there, we went back into downtown DC for a few last minute souvenirs. And that was it. Our trip was over. Thank you so much to all of you who have been following along day in and day out. You guys rock! Talk to you in a few days once I recover!

7 comments:

Jose said...

No, thank you for inviting us in your trip through the virtual tours you gave us every day. I wish I could have done the same when I took trip to Mexico but no access to internet kindda made it hard. I had to rely on my memory which to begin with is not the greatest and to the hundreds of pictures I took. Wishing you guys an uneventful trip back home.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

So sad to have to come home and return to real life. I agree with you 110% - the only reason I might want to come home is because, like you, I'm exhausted. But really, laying low for a day or so here will rest me up and I'd be ready to do it all again!

And, for the record, I strongly disagree with that picture of me on the tour boat. That's awful.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

it was really nice of you to share your vacation with all of us.. Thank you.. It was one hell of a trip..

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your trip very much. Thank you so much for sharing. Love and big hugs.

Mom said...

It was great being there with the two of you. You guys are always so great at documenting your trips whether it was via the video camera, regular camera, and now your blogging. I know you didn't want to come home, but you were really missed. See you in a few hours when we pick you up! Hope you bought us some great trinkets!

Churlita said...

Will you get a day or two to take a vacation from your vacation before you go back to work? I gave myself 4 days after the roadtrip to recover before I had to go back and man did I need it.

laura b. said...

You did such an awesome job sharing your trip with us. I don't have much opportunity for travel, but heck, I feel almost like I've been to D.C. Thanks!