Monday, December 29, 2008

Holiday update and last chance to get your picks in...

Well, I am back! Christmas was great. We had 3 Christmas celebrations - my parents', Jessica's Dad and Stepmom's, and Jessica's Mom and Stepdad's. Food was great at each celebration and the gifts were generous and flowing! However, none of the celebrations were without memorable events - we had the salmon catching on fire at one event, my mother accidently, but TOTALLY innocently and indirectly calling Jess fat, and Jessica's stepdad breaking his ankle which required an ambulance ride and now surgery. Yes, we had all those, but overall, it was a wonderful Christmas. Well, maybe for everyone except her stepdad. I'll try to post some pictures in a couple of days.

As this will probably be my last post of 2008, I wanted to update you and give you one more chance to make your guesses for the contest I am running all year long in 2009. As I love burgers and Jess loves ice cream, I am asking you to guess how many times we will consume these respective foods in 2009. We will include a picture each time one of us eats the food. As an update, these are the guesses I have so far:

Burgers for Manuel:
Mom - 33
Nani - 75
Jose - 258
Alien - 254
Laura - 104
Sal - 120

Ice Cream for Jess:
Nani - 75
Laura - 156

Obviously a lot more burger than ice cream guesses so get them in. Already guessed and want to change your answer? Go ahead here. I will allow guesses until the end of the week so if you don't get them in by Jan 1, feel free to still guess (until Sunday the 4th.) The more guesses the better. There ARE prizes involved!

See you in the New Year! Oh yeah, I pick Tara to do the next Scavenger Hunt word pick.

12 comments:

laura b. said...

Sounds like you had some great times, in spite of a few little mishaps...well, the ankle doesn't actually sound so little...
I guess I'm sticking with my guesses and hoping it's my lucky year :-)
Okay, now tag someone to pick next week's word, okay? Gracias amigo!!!

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Can I guess on your burgers and my ice cream? Probably not, as I have too much power to influence the outcome... Boo, I like contests!

I agree - our Christmases were great (but you forgot one - ours Christmas morning!) and filled with family, love, food, gifts and adventures. The salmon adventure was funny - that picture with Jim is classic. The fat reference was hysterical and so much fun to tease your mom about. Bob's adventure was NOT fun and still turns my stomach to think about it.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and I wish all of you a wonderful 2009!

Jose said...

Did I say 258? lol You better start planning on how you gonna eat that many burgers next year, cause I want to win the prize.

Happy to hear you guys had a great time. I guess breaking your foot is not too Christmasy but I hope he heals fast.

Anonymous said...

Broken Ankle! Ouch!
Calling Jess fat! Well, my mother in law has done that every year. Me, Skip, our daughters, grandkids, except Rosie. Every year! I guess it can be funny. Poor Chris. She is getting ditzy. Smiles and hugs.
Oh yeah, I'll stick with my guess at 75 for each of you.

Tara said...

Welcome back, and thanks for tagging me!

Wow, I'm glad that you had a wonderful Christmas even with all the other things that went on! Hope the stepdad recovers quickly from his broken ankle.

Churlita said...

My ex-mother-in-law called me fat on purpose once. She had just come to visit from Mexico. I hadn't seen her in 6 months and the first thing she says is, "Oh, aren't you getting a little bit fat." Thanks for noticing.

Burgers: 125

ice cream: 57.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm I'll say an even 40 for the both of you.

Cassie

Anonymous said...

88 burgers is my guess.

Mom said...

I'll guess the same for ice cream.

AlienCG said...

I didn't guess on Ice Cream, but I will say (if it's not too late) 143 Ice Creams for Jess.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to take a guess on Jessica and the ice cream. Obviously I'm way too late on that one, though I was thinking about 102.

We had a very Merry Christmas and a fun and exciting New Year. Best wishes for everyone in 2009!

Anonymous said...

By the way, the above post is mine; I forgot to sign my name. What can I say, I'm new at this!

-Sal