Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I almost didn't make it here

A few weeks ago when I turned the lights off on this blog, I hut the door on getting to today's events. As it turned out, I came back and because of this, I can say that today is the four year anniversay of my blog. Yup, 4 years ago I wrote my very first post and well, I coudln't be happier with the way things have turned out. Well, I guess I could be one of the most popular blogs on the net, but let's face it, my writing is far from that type of quality or consistency. I know I thanked you all when I took down my blog a few weeks ago, but again, thank you to you all.

As I enter my FIFTH(!!!!) year of blogging, I have an exciting feature coming up for 2009 that I would like to announce now. As you may all know by now, I love burgers. They are easily my favorite food. I often wonder how many burgers I eat in a year so this year I will keep track. To make it fun, I will take a picture of every single burger I eat next year and feature it on the blog. To make it even more fun, I will turn it into a contest for my fellow readers:

It is quite simple, guess how many burgers I will eat in 2009. Post your answer in the comments. Closest to the correct answer will win a prize, but I have no idea what it will be yet.

I know Jess wants to get in on the fun so she will also do her own little contest with HER favorite food, complete with pictures. So.....

How many times will Jess eat ice cream next year?

The rules for me - if it is a burger(Ground beef) on a bun, it is a burger, no matter what else is on it. For Jess, every time she eats ice cream - bowls of ice cream, cones, a la mode, or a Blizzard.

I think this will be fun. Remember, this begins in 2009, not right now at this moment. Let the guesses begin...

11 comments:

dmarks said...

Do sliders count as one burger, or part of one burger?

Miss Sassy Pants said...

In the 4 years you've been blogging, you've talked about closing shop more than once; you just ACTUALLY did it recently. But, as I mentioned before, I knew you couldn't stay away - this is an amazing outlet for so many things. Congrats on the 4 years and here's to at least 4 more.

And as for the contest - I can't wait! I think it will be fun. I'll reserve my predictions on your 2009burger count until everyone else has had their say - I know you and what you eat A LOT better than everyone else so I want to be fair (although I know my vote most likely won't count toward the prize anyway.)

P.S. dmarks - Manuel said a plate of sliders counts as one burger since it's basically just a burger cut up...

Tara said...

Great, now I'm hungry for a burger! This contest will be fun!

I'm thinking of starting a new feature too, and will probably rely on my blogging buddies to help with suggestions.

Mom said...

This could be fun but I think you could be swayed with the amount people guess. I'm just going to put it out there now and say 33. I can't see you eating a hamburger a week, or can I???

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 4 years of excellent blogging and writing. You are definately my favorite blogger. I am looking forward to more movie reviews.
As for burgers you will eat. I will guess 75. Good number huh.
Jess will eat almost the same number. I'm guessing once a week except for vacations and holidays. 75 ice cream treats in one year.

Jose said...

Four years, wow! That is a milestone and you deserve to be congratulated. If I wanted proffesional journalism I would be reading the newspaper everyday, since I don't I rather read blogs and yours my friend is one of my favorites.

Keep up the good work, the movie reviews, the rants and raves, the contests etc, etc, etc.

Congratulations seƱor Manuel, and remember, if you write it, I will read it. lol

I say 258 hamburgers.

Anonymous said...

I am going to guess 254 total burgers in 2009. Glad you decided to stick around.

Churlita said...

Yea for the beginning of your 5th year.

I could eat cheeseburgers and ice cream for every meal. So, I'll be guessing a lot after I think it over.

laura b. said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad you decided to stick around.

Your new feature is awesome. It is a tough guess, but since guessing is...guessing..I am going to go with 104 burgers for 2009.

Miss Sassy Pants, since I love ice cream too I am going to guess as though I were estimating for myself. My guess is 156 ice cream incidents in 2009.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the milestone! I don't read many blogs but yours is always a fun and relatable read, so I'm glad it's sticking around.

As for the burgers, tough call. I'm gonna guess 120.

-Sal

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back Manuel! I knew you couldn't stop blogging!!