Monday, December 08, 2008

Tunes and Treats

Got a couple of things for you today. First is a fun link that I got off one of the message boards that I frequent.

Curious about what was the #1 song on the Billboard charts on the day you were born?

Click on this link!!!

When I was born, it was "Too Much, Too Little, Too Late" by Johnny Mathis & Deniece Williams

I know a lot of old songs, but I can honestly say that I have no idea what that song is.

How about the #1 song when I turned 18? - "Tha Crossroads" by Bone thugs-n-harmony

I liked that song...

When I turned 21? - "Livin' La Vida Loca" by Ricky Martin

HA! That is too funny.

Oh, how about I go back exactly 9 months from when I was born. My conception song if you will(I know, I know, I wasn't necessarily conceived 9 months before I was born. Just for fun)

"Best of My Love" by The Emotions

Hehe - naughty, naughty!

How about you?

A quick update on my weight as I haven't updated in a while. I think last time I updated my weight loss since I got the Wii Fit in June, I was down almost 17 pounds. That was near the end of September. Well, I reached a low of around 17.2 pounds right before we left for DC. Now, I know we ate out every meal when we were in DC(not like we could cook), but we walked our ASSES off for that week so I didn't think I would gain a LOT. I was wrong..

I came back and weighed in - 8.9 pounds gained. I was beside myself and pissed. That was mid October. Well, since then, I have been doing ok. I finally got all the weight off and got down to a low of 17.5 pounds total lost right before Thanksgiving. I am pretty proud of myself. Well, mostly. Since turkey day, I have gained back roughly 3 pounds as I think we have cooked dinner exactly one time since then. Jessica's stepmom who as you remember has cancer, wa sin the hospital pretty much all last week and that involved Jess going to see her every night after work at home and at the hospital. Well, that means bringing home food every night and well, that isn't the best for you. I am not too worried as I know we just need ot get back on track; and we will. But overall, it is going ok. A few more pounds to get back to my low and then...oh yeah, Christmas!!!

8 comments:

Churlita said...

So funny about the songs. I've looked up the song from my birthday and it was some crazy oldie I don't remember. i have a feeling the song from my graduation from high school would be something off of Thriller.

Anonymous said...

I remember "Too much, too little, too late". I liked it. My birday song was Music by Teresa Brewer. Huh! Never heard of it. The song that one #1 on our wedding day was "In the year 2525". Weird song but I liked it.
I'm glad you are sticking with the diet. Take out food will put it back on though. When you know you will be busy, try using a crock pot. Stew or soup would be very nice in the winter months and better for you.

laura b. said...

That's a fun link. I found out the #1 song on the day I was born was 'Hey Paula' by Paul & Paula. hee hee!

I know you will succeed with your weigh loss, because you are really determined. There are bound to be little ups and downs, but in the end you are thinking healthy thoughts and trying.

I hope Jessica's step mom is feeling better?

Jose said...

Ha, I knew all the songs except "Crossroads". I think the age difference is obvious. lol

Sorry to hear about Jessica's step mom situation. I hope she feels better soon.

Mom said...

I got that e-mail not too long ago. I think it's funny how these e-mail and things go around at the same time. Anyway the day I was born it was Heartbreak Hotel by Elvis - the day I got married it was Tonight's the Night-Rod Stewart.

I'm glad you are still being conscientious about your weight loss. Even though it is up and down the main thing is you are aware of it. Just keep it up and keep exercising. You can do it!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I heard from someone that you weigh yourself at different times of the day.. you may not get the same results.. so if you weigh in before the turkey and again after eating.. Some weird theory.. Those are all great songs.. lol @ Ricky mMartin.. I loved him..

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty cool link. Beyond looking up the #1 song when you were born, it's interesting to look back at various points in your life and see what songs were popular at the time.

The #1 song when I was born was "Don't Go Breaking My Heart", by Elton John and Kiki Dee.

Nine months before I was born, the #1 song was "Jive Talkin'", by the Bee Gees. Not necessarily my first choice for music to conceive to, but hey, my parents are weird. :)

-Sal

Miss Sassy Pants said...

The day I was born: Stayin' Alive by The Bee Gees (kind of appropriate for being born, huh?!)

The day I (we) graduated high school: Same as the song when you turned 18. I guess they were just 8 days apart, huh?

The day we got married: Dilemma by Nelly featuring Kelly Rowland (there was no dilemma whatsoever about marrying you!)

I am VERY proud of you and your weight loss. 17 pounds is a significant amount - go to the store and pick up 17 pounds of potatos or 17 pounds of butter or 17 pounds of meat - it's heavy! Keep up the good work, sweetie!