Thursday, December 11, 2008

Nice Package...

So, yesterday, we got a package in the mail from Amazon.com. As it is the holiday season, it seems like we have something fun in the mail pretty much every day in the last week. This time it was a big box on our door step. What treasures would await in this giant package?!?!?!
Well, hopefully it is not breakable because look at the absolutely piss poor job they did in wrapping it:












Well, at least they put air bags inside to keep this treasure safe. Still, a big box like this, I am so excited!!!

And what was in this GIANT box.....

Yes, they really did use this gigantic box for a friggin' calendar. You have got to be kidding me!!!!

The dimensions...

Calendar: 15in x 15in x less than ¼ in thick

Box: 17 3/4in x 21 1/2in x 12in

No, the calendar isn't for me....

On a side note, I drove past this place today. Now, I am sure they do something pretty commendable, but don't you think they could have come up with a different, not so creepy, name?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael Jackson's new endeavor? (OK, that is just tired and worn out, I know).

I Like the way boxes are so taken care of. I just got my iPod from Amazon and the box was in good shape.

Anonymous said...

Love Litte Children packaging and mailing out biker babe calendars. Nice. (please insert sarcasm here!)

Anonymous said...

aliencg beat me to the Michael Jackson joke. Oh well.

Actually I pass that place on a fairly regular basis, and I've been tempted to snap a picture of the sign before the police and/or CPS inevitably shut them down. Thanks for saving me the effort!

In my experience, Amazon's packaging department has always been a bit flaky, to say the least. The last couple boxes I received from them looked like they used it for batting practice before sending it out.

-Sal

Mom said...

I can't believe that big box for a calendar. Well, maybe I can. Anyway, Jess and I saw that place when we were waiting for you in front of A-1. We made a comment then too. Creepy yes!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Love the way they packaged the calender.. nice to know we can rely on the postal system for at least delivering it in one piece.. lol

that sign is very creepy.. Hope that MJ isn't behind it..

Jose said...

What, the calendar is not for you. Then it must be for me... right?
The box and air cushions and the shipping charges are worth more than the calendar. Nice going shipping managers, run your company to the ground on freight expenses and later on wonder, "Why did I lose my job?"

Anonymous said...

Jesus said “Come to me and never fear, For I love the little children of the world; I will take you by the hand"
Sad that we find His words creepy. What a world, what a world.
As for the packing. They are probably running out of smaller boxes. At least the calendar was in good shape.

Churlita said...

No wonder shipping costs are so high. Look how much space they take up for a calendar. And that sign is definitiely creepy.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I'd like to officially commend Amazon for doing its part to save our environment.

laura b. said...

Oh, Amazon, you crazy dreamer! Sending out calendars in great big boxes like that. Tsk tsk...what are we going to do with you...

Tara said...

The company my mom used when she was moving packed boxes like that. Not poorly, but they'd put one little thing in a big box and just fill it with a bunch of packing paper. It was ridiculous.