Sunday, December 14, 2008

Poker Player of the Year Finals

Saturday night was our annual Player of the Year finals for poker at my house. As you know(or may not know), we play poker every 2 weeks at my house and gain points for the final at the end of the year. We have done it three years and I have somehow one all three years. I was the three time defending champion! This year however, I have not had a great year by any means. In fact, it has been downright horrible with almost nothing going my way. I guess you can't win them all and I went into the final on Saturday in 8th place.

We started off a few hours earlier than usual with a potluck so we could relax and enjoy before the big game. There was some great food and some good times had. Then, the games began.

With 15 players present, we had to start on two different tables...








Peeking at my cards...





It would be a couple of hours before we narrowed it down to one table...











Although I played the best I had played in a long time, it wasn't enough and I would end up getting 4th place in the tournament. Despite obviously wanting to repeat for a 4th straight year, I was mostly happy with how things ended up. This year, there would be a new champion...








It would come down to Gary and Jason...







Gary was pretty stressed....



But in the end, he prevailed....the new 2008 Champion! Congrats man...

6 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I always enjoy the Player of the Year tournament - it's exciting. You had a good run - three years in a row! - but, as they say, you can't win them all. I still love you though.

Jose said...

Hey, you'll rebound next year. At least you had fun and fourth is nothing to cry about. I know the prize would have been better but as you said, can't win them all.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

You had a good run and now it was time to pass the torch on.. There is always next year.. Congrats on having a winning 4th..

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the winner but it's kind of weird not seeing that trophy in your hands.

Churlita said...

Cool. I don't gamble because my dad did enough for everyone in the world. but it looks fun.

laura b. said...

Pretty fun and intense looking tournament there!
Congrats on 4th place...nothing to sneeze at!