Thursday, October 07, 2010

Rock Band 3 Countdown #23 - Centerfold

This is one of those songs that I believe Rock Band was created for.  Sure, you can have your challenging songs that take forever to master and you can enjoy on your own.  On the other end, this is one of those songs that isn't too difficult, but the more people you have together playing it, the more fun it will probably be.  The J.Geils band have a FUN song here.

Released in October of 1981, this was one of a few hits for the J. Geils band.  Off of the "Freeze Frame" album, this song was so popular, it reached #1 on the Billboard charts in the US and stayed there for an outstanding SIX weeks.  That is pretty damn popular in my books.  In addition, this was really the only song by the band that achieved a lot of popularity in the UK.  Billboard has even called this song the fifty-second best song of all time.  Not too shabby if you ask me.  The song has been covered around ten times including by a German speed metal/thrash band called Tankard.  I can only imagine how THAT must sound!  This song is going to be a blast!

4 comments:

laura b. said...

Oh no, I can't deny it
Oh yeah, guess I gotta buy it!

I love that song and it seems like the perfect thing for just pure fun.

Churlita said...

It's a great song but it can get stuck in your head and stay there forever.

Mom said...

Another one of those that I have to hear to recognize but good song just the same!

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I LOVE this song (and the other 2 songs I can think of that were popular by this band - Freeze Frame and Love Stinks.) They are simple, but fun fun fun!!