Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A funny joke and a cool site...

I came across this joke yesterday and I believe anyone with a dog or car can relate to it. It gave me a good chuckle...

This is what we would read if we got to peek into the diary of a dog and cat...

A dog's diary:

7 am - Oh boy! A walk! My favorite!
8 am - Oh boy! Dog food! My favorite!
9 am - Oh boy! The kids! My favorite!
Noon - Oh boy! The yard! My favorite!
2 pm - Oh boy! A car ride! My favorite!
3 pm - Oh boy! The kids! My favorite!
4 pm - Oh boy! Playing ball! My favorite!
6 pm - Oh boy! Welcome home Mom! My favorite!
7 pm - Oh boy! Welcome home Dad! My favorite!
8 pm - Oh boy! Dog food! My favorite!
9 pm - Oh boy! Tummy rubs on the couch! My favorite!
11 pm - Oh boy! Sleeping in my people's bed! My favorite!

The cat's diary:

Day 183 of my captivity... My captors continued to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from clawing the furniture.

Tomorrow I may eat another house plant. Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded - must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair - must try this on their bed.

Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body in an attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear in their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was. Hmmm, not working according to plan.

There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the food. More important, I overheard that my confinement was due to my powers of inducing "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit.

The bird, on the other hand, has got to be an informant and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room, his safety is assured. But I can wait; it is only a matter of time.



Blogger, as many of you who have it probably already know, has a cool new site where you can see a slideshow of what pictures people are posting on their blogs in real time. It is fun to just stare at a while and see what it is that people are choosing to post on their blogs. FYI, this site is mostly work safe as Blogger said they have a filtering system to keep "adult" pics from getting through, but on rare occasions, a risque pic will get through. I watched this site for about 10 minutes yesterday before I decided I had to get back to work. Very fun!

New Blogger Site

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute. I'm partial to dogs but cats do have their moments.

Anonymous said...

I like dogs to a degree...my mom has a cool little dog.

Cats, on the other hand.....if I cannot say anything nice then I should not speak.

Mom said...

I've seen that before. I think it is great. I love dogs!
Blogger's site is great. I wonder if we stared at it long enough, we would see some of your pictures?

laura b. said...

I have a cat and a dog, but have to confess to enjoying that snotty cat attitude a little more than the please love me vibe of dogs ;-)

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I checked out that site and was really hoping to see what I had posted.. but after a few minutes I couldn't take it anymore..lol.. its a good site...Love the cat's diary.. very funny...

Jose said...

Now I know why I don't have pets, they conspire against their masters.