Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Top 5 Tuesday #16

I had a good time at my cousin's bachelor party this past weekend. He and all his friends are all musicians so the night consisted mostly of them jamming on their instruments. Nothing like hearing some Metallica covers in the living room! Good times! I am looking forward to his wedding next weekend. This weekend thankfully, I get to stay home. That will be nice...

On to my top five for the week. With Fall just around the corner, what are your favorite things about the Fall?

#5 - The grass and weeds slow down their growth. Thank GOD! You should see my backyard right now. It is a jungle. The Fall at least will slow it down a little...

















#4 - The day after Thanksgiving sales!!! Yeah, I haven't even made it to a store on this day for a couple of years now. But damnit, it sure is fun looking at all the ads and seeing all the good sales! Maybe this year I might actually participate in this madhouse!














#3 - Bye bye heat. I live in the valley in California. It gets hot! The cooling weather is a welcome change!



















#2 - Sports seasons are in full effect! The NBA season will be starting, the NFL season will be going strong, and a plethora of good soccer games will be going on in Europe! Not to mention, baseball will be leaving us and won't take up my sports page!
















#1 - When Fall hits, it means that I only have 3 more months until presents Christmas. Yes, I am a present whore...


What do you like about Fall?

9 comments:

npanth said...

I agree with your five... I'm still not a big fan of Fall, Winter is close on its heels up here. Spring is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Five good reasons to appreciate Autumn.
I love winter best. Bring on the cooler weather.

Tara said...

I like:

-The fresh-air smell of the season
-The leaves turning color
-Halloween
-The fact that Thanksgiving gives me two days off of work, giving me a total of four days off with the weekend
-Cooler nights make for easier sleeping
-Sweaters

PurpleOceanMoon said...

#1- I love the smell in the air. It reminds me of when I was little (so many years ago).
#2-of course the trees changing colors.
#3- Santa Claus- We get to do that again. Yea!
#4- The cold & dark weather.
#5- Thanksgiving. I love food!

laura b. said...

I am ready for some cooler weather. And I am totally up for Halloween and Thanksgiving. Christmas always makes me sort of anxious though...

Anonymous said...

1.it is the start of football season (Steelers)
2.the Tribe in the playoffs...
3.the air gets colder and crisper and drier
4.the smell of fall
5. my favorite season of the year

I will hunt you down on MySpace today.

Mom said...

I love Spring and Summer the best but I do appreciate the colors of Fall. I like the anticipation of the holiday season approaching, especially Christmas.

Jose said...

In Phoenix we go straight from Summer to Winter, no Fall. I wish we would have a fall like the one in your picture at least once.

Anonymous said...

Fall in its present understanding is not yet available in Southern California. It's still hot as blazes here.