Monday, October 15, 2007

The 5 Things That Pissed Me Off Last Week #13

Haven't done this in a few months because I could nee come up with a total of 5 things that pissed me off. Not this week....

#5 - I have had a calf injury for a few months now. Not sure how it happened, but it hurts. I had a cortisone injection a few weeks ago, but it didn't really help past a couple of days. I am having an ultrasound on it tomorrow. I am tied of this.

#4 - I am going to have to start being real strict with my clients. They expect me to get their work out on time, but then they forget to pay me. No. That is not how it works. For some of my clients, I am going to have to start demanding the $$$ up front if they want their work done.

#3 - I go through way too much ink at home on the printer. Averaging about 1.5 cartridges a month! Yikes.

#2 - One of my client's has to be the biggest idiot in the world. Listen, it is YOUR fault you are not getting paid consistently. I have 17 clients and 16 get paid on a regular basis. Can't be me...

#1 - I am on the biggest losing streak I have ever been on in poker. I haven't won a tournament since July 3rd. Truthfully, I am not playing any different. I have been just about the unluckiest son of a bitch I have ever seen. I have been beaten by such atrocious odds lately that I really feel as if the poker gods have had it with me winning anymore. Lately, it has been tournament after tournament of being one spot from winning money. That gets very frustrating after a while. Because I am always near the top, just not in the money, I am still amassing a good number of points. My bankroll is down about $100 for the year thought and last year I was almost 1,000 in the positive. Very frustrating.

Oh yeah - the new word of the week courtesy of Mrs. Big Hairy Woman is "Spooky!" Enjoy...

7 comments:

Tara said...

Good luck with the ultrasound on your calf. I hope the doc can do something to relieve the pain soon...and permanently. My mom had to have several cortisone shots in her left shoulder because she tore something back there when she was younger and now that she's 73, it comes back now and then. For the past year it has actually improved, though.

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Sorry about the pain. I hope you get reliefe soon. I limped around all summer. I refuse to go to the doctor. Co-pay is $25 and what will they tell me, stay off it and lose some weight. Well, my ankle feels better now though I may have permanent damage.
Your luck will change in Poker. Hang in there.
Your clients are mostly good. Get rid of the bad one. "Sorry. Ran out of patience with you."
Put the "I forgot to pay you" ones on notice. Pay within the allotted time or I drop you.
Hugs.

Mom said...

Love you!

Anonymous said...

The thing that pisses me off is 1 ply toilet paper. Sure it saves paper by being one layer, but you have to use twice as much remove the color brown.

npanth said...

I hope you get things turned around. I seems to me that you've been complaining about one particularly slow client for a while now... is that the same client from the beginning of the summer? If so, time for to drop that anchor. You'll get your poker groove back, too, you just have to wait for it

Jose said...

You need to set up your own executive collections deparmtnet to go chase those non payers. lol

MrManuel said...

Tara - Improvement is a good thing. That;s awesome!

Nani - Yeah, some of them are going to start being put on notice for sure...

Mom - Love you too

Sonja - 1 ply toilet paper is one of the most useless things of all time.

Npanth - Yup, same lady. Losing patience

Jose - You know, that is not a bad idea