Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Corn Maze

As I promised last week, here are some pictures of the corn maze we went to a couple of weeks ago. This corn maze was huge - an amazing 40 acres, a Guinness World Record. I think it probably took us an hour and a half if I remember correctly. It was fairly muddy and I couldn't believe when we were leaving that someone was arriving wearing high heels. Good luck lady...


The welcome sign...




The entrance to the maze...





At first I wanted to do it without the map. How hard could it be? Well, I soon found it that unless I wanted to be there ALL day, I would have to use it. Zoom in to see the map up close...




All the walkways pretty much looked like this...




There were a few high points in the maze so you could see where you were and see how big it was from above...





Us with the massive maze behind us....

8 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

It was fun. I'd do it again. Next time though I'll bring water, not go on a day following a rainstorm, and do it on a day that isn't hot - it's amazing how much of the breeze the corn blocks.

Mom said...

Glad you made it out all in one piece!

Anonymous said...

They have made horror movies featuring mazes like that...."The Shining"...."Children of the Corn"..."Running Man (in some ways)..ironically, all of those were Stephen King writings.

Looks like a good time, the walking and wandering around is always fun and good for you. I usually enjoy stuff like that.

Anonymous said...

Maze, maize?

Tara said...

That is so freaking cool. Is that open at night? Wouldn't that be scary if it was, and you'd have to use flashlights to get around and find your way? Reminds me of "Children of the Corn".

laura b. said...

That looks like so much fun! Thanks for the pictures.

Anonymous said...

That reminds me when I was a kid I lived right down the block from a huge cornfield. My friends and I were afraid to go in there because it was rumored that the farmer had would shoot trespassers with a salt pellet gun. Anyway, one day we did go running through the corn rows and I paid for it when my eyes swelled shut. I guess the pesticide on the corn got me because I am not allergic to corn.

MrManuel said...

Mrs - Yeah, it got hot in there...

Mom - You and me both

Evil - It was a great time indeed

Nani - Good point, clever

Tara - Yeah, it is open at night and they have some lights overhead like the road crews use to light it up.

Laura - Very fun, thanks

Sonja - Wow, that is no good!