Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A good indicator of the current market

So on Sunday, Jess and I were coming home from the market and we noticed that there was an open house in our neighborhood. I didn't really care too much, but Jess loves to stop at open houses. We ended up stopping, but when we got to the front door, wit was locked. A neighbor yelled across the street to us that he saw the agent take off a couple of minutes ago. She still had the signs out, but no worries. We got in the car and prepared to take off. Just as I put the car in drive, I noticed an SUV pull up right behind us and I saw a nicely dressed lady open the door and swing her arms about trying to get our attention. I was already pulling away and because that is what a punk I am, I kept driving. I knew it was her so I wasn't worried that i left someone stranded or something. I got great joy over watching her try to get our attention as we were already halfway down the street. Then what do I see in my rear view mirror? She is now in her car and foll wing us! Following us and we make one turn. Following us as we make another turn. Following us as we turn into our court and open the garage door. Jess gets out of the car first and the agent asks if we want to come back and see the house. Jess politely tells her we were just doing it for fun so, disappointed, the agent drives away. That is how bad the real estate market has become in town - agents have to chase you down with their car through a neighborhood! Crazy!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, the market is very slow. The house next door to us sold for $360,000. It was repossessed and is now on the market by the bank and listed at $290,000! People cruise by and agents bring people over but no one is buying. It must have been funny seeing that poor, frantic agent following you like that. I'm glad you got out when you did.

dmarks said...

"And if you buy this house, I will throw in another for free!".

I can't recall ever going to a real estate open house, actually.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

She sounds more desperate.. that's too funny.. chasing you down so she might have a potential buyer..lol

Godd you escaped when you did..

thejerkstore said...

that is actually frightening.

Michelle said...

Hot dog...that is crazy!

Tara said...

Wow! That's a lot of effort she showed for an open house! I guess if she was really desperate, she would've gone after you on foot.

laura b. said...

The market is awful...soooo many homes are in foreclosure, thanks to all those subprime loans.
That is a pretty funny story, thats for sure.

Jose said...

And it's gonnna get worse. It's ugly out there for anyone in real estate and the mortgage business, as you may remember from one of my previous posts. The agent may have left dissapointed but at least she didn't stay with the "what if" that young couple would have been 100% serious and thus potential buyers. Tough times ideed.

Mom said...

You could have been mean and showed some interest - strung her along like so many of your clients did to you. I'm not bitter at all am I. Oh well - it's because I love you! Funny story!

Sebastien Millon said...

Hey Manuel! Sorry I've been out of touch. How've you been?

I've been ok, a little better overall, but still trying to get better. I do have less pain, so I'm able to rest more. Unfortunately I've been spending less time on the pc, but I'm planning to get back to blogging whenever I have a major improvement in my health.

Anyways, I hope everything is good with you and your family. Please email me anytime at sebreg@aol.com.

By the way, I've gotten back into reading some comic books, actually reading a bunch of the Hernandez Bros. stuff right now, it's great!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's amazing. "Realtor stalkers" - they really are getting desperate. Many are late on their Mercedes Benz payments.

MrManuel said...

Nani - Yeah, I guess it was a good thing I jumped ship

dmarks - Wow, they are fun at times

Mrs BHW - I am sure she was VERY desperate

jerk - You're alive!

Sushi - You can say that again

Tara - You have a point. I didn't feel she really wanted it!

Lauar - It is bad everywhere for sure

Jose - Yeah, those what ifs are the worst.

Mom - I got my mean in by driving aay as she was trying to get me to stop

Seb - You are alive bro. Good to see you!

Sonja - Their Benz payments. That's awesome!